Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Adoption
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-08-2007, 07:41 PM

TUTTSI will become famous soon enough
Default My Adopted Children

Hi All

Liking the new thread.....I have two adopted children.

27 years ago I adopted my first baby boy, his birthday is next week and can only tell you what wonderfull joy he has bought to us, but it has not been all rosy, he had the terrible twos at one year old and at almost 27 he still has to odd moment. Our adoption was through our local borough, but before we could adopt we had pester them like mad, it took months and months and we had to be persistent.

We have a 19 year old daughter, who we adopted from Equador as a baby, this is called inter country adoption, the proceedures we followed 19 years ago must have changed now but she is a beautiful girl with lovely big brown eyes to die for. We found this process much easier but costly, 19 years ago we have spent in excess of 6K which included our flights, hotel etc.

There was a third baby girl, which came inbetween, unfortunately the mother changed her mind just prior to us going to court to get this finalised. We lost in court and her birth mother was granted custody.

I could not have imagined my life without these two lovely children and if I had my time over again, I would do it exactly the same.

DS