Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Have Your Say
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 15-06-2007, 01:41 AM

Turboman will become famous soon enough
Default Post Counts on Forums

Hi

Just seen this new policy on LB

It has been decided that posts which have been made in the ("read Vineyard & Have your say etc" ) will no longer count towards your total post count, therefore any posts already made in these forums will have been deleted from your original count....!!!

What an excellent idea-I've seen threads in CAG (& elsewhere) where people try to get their post count up with absolute trivia-and don't post much at all on anything serious.

Turbo
Old 15-06-2007, 08:54 AM
thebetterhalf

That's fine, but what you have to remember is that many people will join here with no experience of such forums, but with a great deal of anger and frustration. Those people may be lacking in conidence about posting and may use the Vineyard etc as a way of getting into the site by posting about everyday stuff until they feel confident enough to post their 'issues'.

I agree that banter type postings in these places perhaps should not count towards their post count, but those posts are still important.

Last edited by thebetterhalf : 15-06-2007 at 09:00 AM. Reason: typo (again......)
Old 15-06-2007, 08:18 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

LB? I may sound dumb here but I have the settings so ALL posts count.

I actually believe that forums like the vineyard are very helpfull, as TBH says they help build confidence. From my own experience they go off topic far more and throw up some excellent posts occasionally that we can use in the fight ahead.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 15-06-2007, 09:13 PM

Turboman will become famous soon enough
Default It was only an observation

It was only a observation--I'd seem all the trivia on CAg-& everlasting threads like Blind Mans Bluff etc..

Turbo
Old 15-06-2007, 09:20 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

We can always clean up the threads after a couple of days to remove the off topic posts, so long as they don't detract from the subject. Of course if the OP objects to their thread going off topic we will ask the off topic posters to edit their own posts and if that hasn't been after a couple days we will remove them.

The Vineyard is the playground where there is more tolerance allowed, but if it gets out of hand, it can be pruned back.
Old 17-06-2007, 11:33 PM

HONESTLY is on a distinguished road

Especially that one going on about the last post. Shows how desparate some of the mods are over the road.
Old 18-06-2007, 07:25 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Most threads and off topic sections of serious threads actually die of their own accourd very quickly after a few posts have been made and the thread soon gets back on track.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 18-06-2007, 09:17 PM
m55dlc

I think in Turbomans defence, a couple of the never ending pointless threads on CAG where nothing of merit has been, or ever will be disgussed, if these could be weasled out of a post count that would be good. But I also see that certain threads within the non-serious topics can throw up valid points too. I personally believe that the level of banter on the CCAA thread never actually detracted from the task at hand, but following on from the observations of others, it did make it a bit cliquey at times. I think we would all (in our roles as mods etc) see who are posting vast numbers of entries within the frivolous threads and either consider or dismiss any posts made by such members on such merits.

As a rule of thumb, anyone with a post count in the stratosphere with a reputation of one green blob might just give away how useful the advice some people were giving.
Old 18-06-2007, 09:43 PM

HONESTLY is on a distinguished road

I yes that twice i had blobs removed because they thought i should be taught a lesson.
Old 18-06-2007, 09:46 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Emerald necklaces are very hard to earn....LOL...I had to settle for a black diamond