Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Credit Reference Agencies
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 28-02-2008, 11:37 AM

eddieriff is on a distinguished road
Default My Perfect Credit File - I Wonder

Having had a CCJ drop off my file after a long and arduous 6 years, my credit file is in pristine condition. All that is shown is my mortgage and current account details; I don't have an overdraft. The thing is though, my situation is far from debt free. I have outstanding debts with Masterloan (2), Amex, Barclaycard, MBNA and the Bank of Scotland. There is nothing on my credit files that indicates I still have problems. I am paying a derisory amount each month in respect of these debts, apart from MBNA as I know they don't have a CCA and Wescot gave up (even though there appears not to be a CCA in existence for any of them) so I would have thought these would show up on my credit files, is this the case?

As an alternative, could there be a "secret" credit record in existence that only lenders have access to. I recently re - mortgaged with no problems and had a recent (late 2007) personal loan which was paid off almost immediately; I knew my premium bonds would come in handy some time.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what my position could really be? I'm a bit perplexed to be honest.
Old 28-02-2008, 11:59 AM

InKogneeToh is a splendid one to beholdInKogneeToh is a splendid one to beholdInKogneeToh is a splendid one to beholdInKogneeToh is a splendid one to beholdInKogneeToh is a splendid one to beholdInKogneeToh is a splendid one to behold

I presume you are aware that there are 3 main CRA's - Equifax, Experian and Callcredit. Data sharers do not necessarily subscribe to all three, so you should get your records from all of them to see what exactly is being recorded at present.
Old 28-02-2008, 12:17 PM

I do Ink and I have, several times. There's not a tosser on any of them.
Old 28-02-2008, 12:34 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Eddie,

We have the same and my little adventure with GE Money this morning proves it. All three CRA's are not showing any adverse data and showing all payments are up to date. it is good feeling. I wonder if my planned action to take the CRA's to court for processing erroneous data has paid of and the banks concerned woke up to the fact that I was serious to name all as co-respondents in the action. i did write and warn the lot of them.
Old 28-02-2008, 12:51 PM

It is a good feeling but I'm still rather apprehensive.
Old 28-02-2008, 01:56 PM

sparkie1723 has a spectacular aura aboutsparkie1723 has a spectacular aura about

Here's a little snip of information about CRA's files, that I believe not many people know.
CRA's keep records that we are not privy to,
For example I had a default entry put on my file by RBS I eventally forced RBS to remove that default from my credit file in February 2004 from my file held by Experian, and the one with Equifax in December 2005.

But in my fight against RBS, Experian have told me that although this default no longer shows on my credit file .....it is STILL on their system, and should what is called an "in depth" search be carried out on my file, which can and does happen sometimes get requested ,this default will show up to the "in depth searcher," Experian have told me that they will not and cannot remove it from their audit system unless they receive specific instructions from RBS to do so.

Another dispute coming up with RBS but I thought I'd let folk know about this.

sparkie
Old 28-02-2008, 02:05 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Handy to know this Sparkie. will file for future reference if need be.

Last edited by Dragonlady : 28-02-2008 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Dyslexic keyboard again...
Old 28-02-2008, 02:40 PM

It is handy to know sparkie but surely immoral/unlawful. What is the point of having a credit file if we aren't allowed to see the true version. Where's the data protection? I take it that if I wrote to the CRA's and asked them if they held any other data, either on their system or available for an in - depth search only, they'd say "no"?
Old 28-02-2008, 03:05 PM

debt_mountain is on a distinguished road

you also need to be aware which institutions owns which other institution because they will share your results within the institution willy nilly.

I have recently taken Citi for ppi and just before I applied for an Egg card I noticed it was Citi who owned them.
Old 28-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Shouldn't a SAR bring back all of this information even if a CR file request doesn't. I'm sure this is something they have done with my mums file, she won't want credit again but i would be very unhappy if they have still left her marked in anyway.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change