Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Credit Reference Agencies
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 26-02-2008, 01:31 PM

debt_mountain is on a distinguished road
Default How can a current account have late payments?

I am confused why my nationwide current account is showing as having upto 4 missing payment when I never actually had:

1 - an agreement with the bank for them to do anything with my data. I never actually signed any form for the account.
2 - any monthly payment agreement with the bank
3 - any credit / money lent for that account

the cra info says original balance 0, current balance 0 monthly payment 0 but it shows 000000000000123444S in the payment history.

So how can they report a monthly update when there are no monthly payments being made or agreed?

I have questioned the bank and threatened court action in 7 days.

This to me looks like an abuse of the Cra systems and procedures. It looks like cra are trying to fit the origianal system design to the current account banks.
Old 26-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

DM I've never had an account in a CRA for a current account? HAve you SAR the bank for any reference to that account? You could go to customer service with your CRA and request clarification as to what the entries are connected to.

Then ask what paymenst where you suppossed to of made. they have to give you answers.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 26-02-2008, 02:18 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

It is in the terms and conditions. I had this out with Alliance & Leicester, so when I opened my new accounts, I struck this clause out, signed and had it witnessed and sent the forms back and no-one questioned it. If you pay your o/d back each month there is no late marker, but the conduct of the account is reported.
Old 26-02-2008, 02:39 PM

debt_mountain is on a distinguished road

what if there was no overdraft agreement? but if you were overdrawn?

but even if it was overdrawn there was no agreement to reduce it monthly so therefore no monthlybpayment due.

all just smacs of the cras and bans trying to keep peoples credit files full of badness and therefore keep those poor sods paying higher interest payments.
Old 26-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

I have an overdraft agreement, no where does it agree any repayment terms and only states thsi amount is reclaimable from you at any time blah blah

The other worry is , not everyones wages now clears an overdraft every month so they would be missing a payment on thier CRA for every accumilated figure of total OD lending not achieved.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change