Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Credit Reference Agencies
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 22-12-2007, 09:09 PM

powerful_rogue is on a distinguished road
Default The "voluntary code" Credit reference agencies use

First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong section. I did have a look and was unsure where it would best be suited.

Quote:
Data sharing
The sharing of a six year payment history data by around 200-250 UK lenders so that all lenders can make a more informed decision and avoid over-indebtedness. There are three main data sharing clubs CAIS (hosted by and distributed by Experian), Insight (hosted by and distributed by Equifax) and Share (hosted by and distributed by Callcredit). The sharing of data is regulated by a voluntary code known as the Principles of Reciprocity and overseen by a steering group known as SCOR.
Heres a copy of the code to read.

I havent looked through it fully yet, but thought others may be interested
Old 22-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Assistant Moderator

Jster$$$ will become famous soon enough

Its good to have you here PR.

CRA are a big focus point here and from the posts you have posted so far you most certainly have strong views with regards to CRAs, which is totally understandable.

I'm sure your input will help others including myself.

Very interesting

Many thanks

J
Old 22-12-2007, 09:39 PM

Thanks Jster

I dont know all the answers, but i'll certainly have a good look around! Slowy picking things up.

I HATE credit reference agenices with a passion. The way they can use a voluntary code and treat is as if its a legal document.

I hold my hands up when I say I messed up with my finances when I was 18. By time I was 20/21 I had them all sorted, but these agencies think they have a right to punish me until im 25. My credit report for the last 3 years is superb, however is blighted by late payments I made when I was younger and stupid.

Im all for the fight to knock them down a few pegs.
Old 22-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Welcome Rogue and that 'code' makes interesting reading.

I am sure you will find that many on CCS share your passion with a vengeance, and slowly but surely we will get the upper hand.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 22-12-2007, 10:16 PM

zubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to all

Welcome to the site rogue...

DCAs certainly are a thorn in most folk's side.

I enjoyed some posts from Surly Bonds where he went to town with their attitude that they were allowed to process adverse data and maintain it after termination of agreement.

There is this misconception that they are allowed to maintain their industry standard processes.... these are NOT the law and we should not be afraid to prosecute them.

Anyway, I am reviewing the latest clarification on what is personal data - we should use this in conjunction with the DPA and with an unenforceable or unexecuted agreement to terminate these practices using an N1 and complaint to ICO and OFT - the latter to invoke their right to review the OC's fitness....

watch this space

Z
Old 23-12-2007, 11:40 AM

FANTASY CHARGES will become famous soon enough

JUST a quick question before a thread on "data" is developed next year
what is the opinion on the following :-

imagine your data is held by company A ( lets say ten plus fields of information)

the information less your name and address dob is passed to company B :
if you did a sar on company B ...... what would be the outcome ?

the question at the moment that is being asked is

are all pieces of "data held by company A about you equal -- meaning do they have equal weighting under the data protection act "

where do we draw the line ?

another question is if you believed company b existed and only company A knew the identity of company B : would they have to reveal the identity of company B

.......... most of the regulars will know where this thread is going !!!.... but that's for next year.
Old 24-12-2007, 02:31 AM

Lefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of light

Some will know that I have previously crossed swords with a CRA over the road when I pointed out to the CRA that although they think they can & do act as if they are statutory body, they are not & it's as well to remind them of this from time to time.

Also despite what they & the ICO claim the law regarding processing data is a lot more straightforward than they would like to have us imagine
Old 24-12-2007, 09:05 AM

Perseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to all

Interesting read p_r, and thanks for the info.
I agree that the CRAs are 'holier than thou' - but must be accountable in law.
We have to 'step up the game' with their untouchable attitudes, and being 'beyond reproach'.

FC - interesting stuff , and I think we need to expand the dpa disclosure requests to encompass what disclosures are made by the data processor.
Food for thought, look forward to expansion of that!

Merry Christmas all.
Any advice or guidance given by Perseus or Consumer Credit Support is provided without prejudice, and is based on personal experience only. Please seek professional legal assistance to clarify your particular case. Thank you.

If we've helped in recovering bank charges, please help us keep this site alive for others by donating.

sedit qui timuit ne non succederet.
He who feared he would not succeed, sat still.
Old 23-01-2008, 07:04 PM

tifonet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerful_rogue View Post
Heres a copy of the code to read.

I havent looked through it fully yet, but thought others may be interested
It's not on the website anymore. Wonder why?
Old 23-01-2008, 08:14 PM

Very strange!