Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Credit Reference Agencies
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 27-02-2008, 01:12 PM

humbleman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerful_rogue View Post
Hi!

Received a letter from Experian in the post today.

It states that have contatced capital one and it has been agreed to show the default amount being 226.
It was 480, however this was made up of unlawful charges which the refunded, so I argued the figure showing on my credit file is incorrect.
In which case the default notice was incorrect.

Para 123; Failure of a Default or Termination Notice to be accurate not only invalidates the Default or Termination Notice (Woodchester Lease Management Services Ltd v Swain & Co - [1998] All ER (D) 339) but is an unlawful rescission of contract which would not only prevent the Court enforcing any alleged debt, but give the Claimant a claim for damages. (Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society [1996] 4 All ER 119)
Old 27-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Ive got a good mind to send a letter to the people at the address to advise them Halifax are disclosing their address on my credit file.

you never know who you may contact a journalist/ a judge, can't do any harm surely. I would very much like to know if my address was being linked to another persons credit file and would appreciate it very much if that person did have the thought to let me know.

As for Experian allowing a change of Default amount after its been filed, i think they are digging themselves a big hole and providing you with lovely evidence against them. Let them carry on.... the way they are going they will have your case sewn up for you with no need for a hearing for damages.

You may get a nice pay off.

Expeirain seem to have no understand any of the laws and regulations that cover thier buisness, do they have to hold certain certificates of knowledge??????.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 15-03-2008, 01:00 PM

Could someone tell me how does U=unclassified on your credit file reflect on your creditworthiness
Old 15-03-2008, 01:47 PM

sparkie1723 has a spectacular aura aboutsparkie1723 has a spectacular aura about

Anything on your file has got to have some effect whether good or bad, in my opinion unclassified is neither good or bad and thats left up to interpretation one potential lender may think nothing of it another could think ..."hang on something funny here refuse the applcation"
that's only my view for what its worth

sparkie
Old 15-03-2008, 02:01 PM

sparkie

Thanks for your views
Old 15-03-2008, 03:10 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

I have a string of U's on my files, These are attached to accounts I have paid off (no arrrears , defaults or late markers ) but info still being processed for some reason. My Choice catalogue account shows I have credit limit 3400.00. I haven't used this account for over 18 months. Think I had better close it.

The others are Compton and Woodhouse, and Brooks and Bently. I collect figurines
Old 15-03-2008, 05:50 PM

I am just wondering if the CRA's have introduced some markers to tell lenders that this subject has had balance wiped off cos of dispute under CCA 1974 or unlawful charges.