Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Act
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 25-03-2009, 01:38 PM

danson79 is on a distinguished road

Hi Tam,

I just re-jigged an old 1st credit response:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

Client Account xxxxxxx
I write in response to your correspondence received 20th March 2009.
It would appear from the letter that 1st Credit have failed to inform you failed to of my previous correspondence to them (dated 30th October 2008), where I clearly stated that HFC/Marbles are in default of my statutory credit card agreement request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I also stated that Marbles had provided me with a copy of an application form, which does not meet the criteria for a credit card agreement. The document you have sent me clearly states it is an application form at the top and contains no prescribed terms or details of interest and credit amounts therefore it does not satisfy my legal request for a credit agreement and you, 1st Credit and HFC continue to be in default.
I should remind you that by attempting to collect on a clearly disputed account you are committing an offence and that any attempt by you or HFC regarding court action will be taken as vexatious litigation and defended in full.
I would also like Connaught to contact me in writing and confirm if you are either the owners or assigned collectors on this account and also send a copy of your complaints procedure. In addition:
Take Notice, that you (Connaught) have been served with a formal Notice under Section 10, Section 12 of The Data Protection Act 1998, (“the Act”) to cease, desist from unlawfully processing my personal subject data to third parties, together with the fact that I have formally withdrawn my alleged consent from HFC Bank, which is my right under that same Act, to process my personal subject data. You are processing data about me which is ‘not true’ it is unjustified, unwarranted and defamatory. Together with the fact: that you continue to process my subject data whilst, I am in dispute with HFC/Marbles which is in Default under Section 78 of The Consumer Credit Act 1974.

• You may not demand any payment, on this account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

• You may not add any further interest or charges to this account

• You may not pass this account to a third party.

• You may not register any information in respect of this account with any of the credit reference agencies

• You may not issue a default notice related to this account.

You (Connaught) are in breach of The Data Protection Act 1998.

Regards
Old 26-03-2009, 11:41 AM

Oh no!

'Solicitors' Judge and Priestly are giving me a last chance to pay up or they'll take me to court (hilariously) on behalf of Connaught, acting on behalf of 1st Credit, acting on behalf of HFC.

Hilarious.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:38 AM

Wow, that was easy.

Connaught have passed the lemon back to 1st Credit...
Old 19-06-2009, 01:50 PM

Just got a phone call from my father, who lives a considerable distance from me.

'A letter has arrived here for you, from Reigate. Looks important, would you like me to open it?'

Tsk tsk, 1st Credit aren't learning any lessons, are they? No agreement, they know exactly where I'm living, so what are they playing at? They listed my father's address as a C/O address - should I pursue this through the OFT or ICO etc? Deliberately sending my mail to my parents house when they know my correct address... what are they thinking? That they'll panic my parents with threatening letters who will then make force me to pay up as a result?

What a bunch of morons.

Last edited by danson79 : 19-06-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 19-06-2009, 02:39 PM

dpick will become famous soon enoughdpick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by danson79 View Post
Just got a phone call from my father, who lives a considerable distance from me.

'A letter has arrived here for you, from Reigate. Looks important, would you like me to open it?'

Tsk tsk, 1st Credit aren't learning any lessons, are they? No agreement, they know exactly where I'm living, so what are they playing at? They listed my father's address as a C/O address - should I pursue this through the OFT or ICO etc? Deliberately sending my mail to my parents house when they know my correct address... what are they thinking? That they'll panic my parents with threatening letters who will then make force me to pay up as a result?

What a bunch of morons.

No wonder they keep getting called 1st crud is it. My opinion report them to OFT the more often that they are reported the better then maybe OFT will do more than warn them.

dpick
Old 19-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Assistant Moderator

BOUDICCA will become famous soon enoughBOUDICCA will become famous soon enough

Report Them!!!!

Boudicca
Old 20-06-2009, 01:11 PM

... And another one to my brother's house!
Old 20-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Assistant Moderator

Bad Business Practice!

Phone Consumer Direct and lodge your complaint

Complain to the OFT and
Lord Mandleson (Mandy) @ BIS
Old 20-06-2009, 04:59 PM

I'll definitely fire any complaint I can. I've never lived at either of these addresses, so they couldn't appear on my credit file - my concern now is how many people have received this because they share my surname? I've responded to every letter first crudit have sent to me, so they have no reason to send these letters to a different address at all. This is a blatant attempt to wind up my family.

I'm thinking about serious action for this - it's quite clear the slap on the wrist from the OFT has meant nothing to 1st Credit.

Last edited by danson79 : 20-06-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 20-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

Danson, this is phychological harassment!

Phone Consumer Direct on Monday morning, they will log your complaint with the OFT and pass it on to your local TS. TS will contact you and you can explain the unfair practice that 1st Credit are employing.

Also, complain to the OFT, BIS and get your MP involved!

BOUDICCA
x