Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Act
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 25-11-2008, 09:40 AM

danson79 is on a distinguished road
Default Danson79 Vs. Marbles

Ah.

I haven't heard from these folk in a fair while - i'm sure when you see the 'agreement' that 1st Credit have kindly supplied me then you'll see why...

Standard bog off letter or does anyone have any special suggestions for these muppets?

(Brief history: HFC sent me this same application form in response to a cca request earlier this year, when I advised them it wasn't good enough they passed the debt to 1st Credit... not sure if they own or collect on behalf of HFC but with an agreement as lame as this, they're the second-least of my worries behind Link/MBNA..)
Old 25-11-2008, 09:51 AM

sparkie1723 has a spectacular aura aboutsparkie1723 has a spectacular aura about

This is quite clearly an application form it states it is ......at the top.....

A Credit Agreement must have the words..
This is a Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 at the very top before anything else. They are as you say muppetts
sparkie
Old 25-11-2008, 09:55 AM

birchave will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by danson79 View Post
Ah.

I haven't heard from these folk in a fair while - i'm sure when you see the 'agreement' that 1st Credit have kindly supplied me then you'll see why...

Standard bog off letter or does anyone have any special suggestions for these muppets?

(Brief history: HFC sent me this same application form in response to a cca request earlier this year, when I advised them it wasn't good enough they passed the debt to 1st Credit... not sure if they own or collect on behalf of HFC but with an agreement as lame as this, they're the second-least of my worries behind Link/MBNA..)
SNAP!!!!

looks just like mine! I have been battling with this lot for 18 months, it's been passed around every DCA and their granny.

I'm trying to get back my unasked for PPI, it's now in the hands of the FOS but as they have so many cases at the mo after 10 months they are still investigating......

If you fancy a laugh go and read my thread Birchave v Marbles, it's good for a giggle if nothing else!
Old 25-11-2008, 10:08 AM

I look forward to reading it!

Old 08-12-2008, 09:58 AM

Yawn.

It's dated the same day as I sent the last bog off letter and it's nearly Christmas so i'll let this one go.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:05 PM

Didn't get an acknowledgement to my bogoff letter, but did finally get a copy of the complaint procedure... I DPA'd them and asked them to confirm of they are the collectors or owners but the haven't told me yet...

Last edited by danson79 : 10-01-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:31 AM

zubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to all

You know the thing that makes me laugh about morons like this?

Their letter talks about the assignment to 1st Credit and that the debt is owned by them and payment should be made to them... then in the same breath they say if it isnt then their client will commence litigation???

who hold on... only the owner of the debt can litigate... so you cannot own the debt 1st Credit can you.... you are just another DCA...

not a very clever one either, pathetic...

Z
Old 16-03-2009, 06:44 PM

...and here we go again.

Same rubbish, different name - 'Connaught Collections'.

This is a new band of merry men for me. Funnily enough, they're threatening court action despite not owning the debt.

Trip to the post office tomorrow lunch time then...

Any connaught experiences to share?
Old 17-03-2009, 09:09 AM

Quick question - do I just send a letter outlining lack of compliance by hfc/1stcredit, or do I cca again?
Old 17-03-2009, 11:54 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by danson79 View Post
Quick question - do I just send a letter outlining lack of compliance by hfc/1stcredit, or do I cca again?
Just write back detailing non compliance and tell them that your considering issuing a court action against them.

It wont stop them but it will make them run around the office for a few minutes like headless chickens. ooops they are already doing that after I last wrote to them.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details