Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Social Security Benefits
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2008, 01:34 PM

HONESTLY is on a distinguished road

she is i believe also in a house paid for by our taxes. she has a bmw 107 outside on motability. Her husband has had a 57 merc in his name. What does he do ? He rents it out @ 149 per day.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Strikes me that to object to her lawful actions coupled to her good fortune in winning the lottery is nothing more than the politics of envy - best of luck I say - I wish it was me
Sorry Lefty far from envy its just natural common sense and caring, for every 700 a month that her children "do not need to pay her" to rent those homes.

A family with true problems are living in bedsits with thier children and can not rent as they can not raise the deposit to go private.
The position they are in could be any one of us who have lived with debt and almost lost our home.

The facilities are there to help catch people who truely need it and are not for it to be exploited, Its not envy wishing someone who needs a home to have one, over someone who could be given a few by thier family.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 03-03-2008, 11:59 PM

Lefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of light

What's that got to do with her Hocuspocus & what does it matter to you what they drive unless it's just jealousy of course.

So she won the lottery & bought some houses which she rents to benefit claimants who just happen to be related. Had she not bought the property they would still be living in social housing & claiming benefits This way they aren't

Or do you think she should use her money to fully support all of her relatives & give them housing for now't - I do hope not.

Last edited by Lefty : 04-03-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:20 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Sadly Hocus, not all people in the is world are ultruistic and business is business. you and I might not do things this way, but there are others who do and that is the way of the world.

There will always be people who are not caught in the safety net and do you realise this is the only country that I know of which does things this way? That is the topic for another debate.

If I won the lottery I would help my immediate family and not the extended family and I certainly would not be responding to any begging letters.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:21 AM

Lefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of light

So when all is said & done the consensus appears to be that this lottery winner should support all her family by supplying free housing - I don't think so
Old 04-03-2008, 10:48 AM

Lefty in an ideal world and if she was ultrusitic, yes.

I stated I would support my immediate family and not the extended family. Big difference to supporting ALL the family.

By supporting, I would give the immediate family an equal lump sum of money. it is up to them what they did with it. That would be as far as my largesse would go.

Nice to dream, but I wont have that problem anyway.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:24 AM

Trouble with that idea DL is that once started it wouldn't stop as they would lose their benefits immediately.

Even giving them free accomodation would have a considerable affect on their benefit payments
Old 04-03-2008, 11:54 AM

That would be my idea, to get them off benefits and giving them the werewithall to get their lives back on track. I know I live in a parallel universe.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:49 PM

dontuthough DL
Old 04-03-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
dontuthough DL
Ha ha ha....I have my moments of cynicism and then I have my idealised world to escape back to.