Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Act
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 24-12-2009, 11:10 AM

Belstar is on a distinguished road
Default HSBC Processing Info Again

Hi Guys,

DL I think that this may be of interest to you!

HSBC had previoulsy removed all data when I had sent them an S10 request as they admitted in writing that they coudln't find any agreement relating to the account. Prior to them doing so, I had written to the ICO to complain that they hadn't at the time complied with that, that they hadn't fulfilled my SAR in full in particular the CCA and finally that they were still processing my info.

The ICO took an eternity to get back to me but finally did last week and advised that HSBC had the right to still process my info and that they had complied except for the 6th principal???

We then checked our credit file to note that HSBC had put the info back up with the CRA's having registered a default and are now chasing the debt again.

After being threatened with a doorsetp visit, they were sent a letter saying bog off and subsequently confirmed in writing that our telephone numbers etc were being removed and that we would no longer be bothered, but today we have received another letter from them offing to settle at 60% of the original debt.

What would you do in my situation?

Bel
Old 24-12-2009, 12:12 PM

dpick will become famous soon enoughdpick will become famous soon enough

Hi I would send then a letter saying that while they may ask for payment you are not required to make any payment and as such have no intention of making any payment especially after the way you have been treated by them there is no agreement so you have the legal right to make no further payments to the alleged debt. I do not know the legal wording but I believe that it is something along the lines of you made me a gift of the monies involved etc. Also my doorstep is not allowed any visitors at all.

dpick
Old 24-12-2009, 03:46 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Tell them to BOGOFF. When they find the true copy of the agreement then they can try to enforce, but until that appears and they have been warned they have to front in Court with a true copy and nothing else.

Yes they can process the data with the CRA's, but think it will eventually drop off the records.