Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Act
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Assistant Moderator

BOUDICCA will become famous soon enoughBOUDICCA will become famous soon enough

1st Credit have had Requirements placed upon them by the OFT;
make sure that the OFT does a 'HEADS UP' about this matter. Your TS should be updating the OFT on your behalf!

It is about the the OFT bite these out of control DCA's instead of just showing their tiny teeth.
Old 16-08-2009, 06:29 PM

danson79 is on a distinguished road

Received a response - at the correct address - from first credit:

dear d79

further to your letter of the xxth July 2009, I am disappointed to learn that you felt you had cause to complain that we have not provided a valid enforceable credit agreement and have sent further correspondence to a family address.

I have investigated the matter and will reply as follows:

1. Our records show that a copy agreement was posted to you on the 21st November. Please substantiate the claim that we have not provided you with a valid copy agreement.

2. Further letters were sent to you at your above address and as we received no response a trace was conducted in may 2009 which led us to send correspondence to you care of XXXXXXX. I note that during the period of xx may and xx July 2009 when several letters were sent to this address you failed to contact us. We do not consider this to be harassing.

3. Please provide evidence that you served us with a notice
to stop processing your data under the dpa and In addition please
site the section of the 1998 dpa you are relying
on.

4. Your account has been updated with the correct address.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Ok, quick summary:

1. Do I need to explain what is wrong with the application form here?
2. This is a lie. My last letters re: this accoun were from
Connaught and they 'closed' the matter. And as a matter
of fact, both I and my father consider this harassment and as the ts and oft will clarify a response was made to this. Why would I contact you?
3. Letter is on this thread somewhere, time to dig
out the signed for
delivery receipt...
4. Oh, thanks! How kind.

What a shower of sh*t this bunch are...

Last edited by danson79 : 16-08-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 16-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

The Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to all

Danson: Basiclley tell them to F.O.Its all excuses for their misdemoners.

Term

The courts shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner

Moneylending transactions as a class give rise to significant social problems.

Astalavista baby and I'll be back
Old 17-08-2009, 01:57 AM

Just had a check through the 'first credit archive' on my computer. Turns out I DPA'd FC twice(!) and Connaught once. Definitely no letters from FC to my correct address in months.

I also keep every letter I receive from DCAs filed away and in most (although admittedly not all) cases I have signed for receipts to go with them.

I'm thinking I might photocopy their letter, then write a response demonstrating how full of sh*t they are by proving each bullet point in the letter as factually incorrect (or just a blatant lie), enclose proof and send it to the TS/OFT and FOS instead of them...
Old 17-08-2009, 10:23 AM

Just updated my TS complaint with the following:

Dear TS,

I have finally received a response from 1st Credit, to the correct address. It reads as follows:

"Dear Mr Danson

further to your letter of xx 2009, I am disappointed to learn that you felt you had cause to complain that we have not provided a valid enforceable credit agreement and have sent further correspondence to a family address.

I have investigated the matter and will reply as follows:

1. Our records show that a copy agreement was posted to you on the xx November. Please substantiate the claim that we have not provided you with a valid copy agreement.

2. Further letters were sent to you at your above address and as we received no response a trace was conducted in may 2009 which led us to send correspondence to you care of xxxxx. I note that during the period of may and July 2009 when several letters were sent to this address you failed to contact us. We do not consider this to be harassing.

3. Please provide evidence that you served us with a notice
to stop processing your data under the dpa and In addition please
site the section of the 1998 dpa you are relying
on.

4. Your account has been updated with the correct address."

Just to clarify:

1. I have written to first credit on a number of occasions outlining how the document sent on the xx November was a copy of an application form and was missing many elements, including prescribed terms, that would make it an enforceable agreement/valid response to my CCA request.

2. This is completely untrue. I have responded to first credit whenever they have sent a letter to my correct address. They passed the debt to connaught, who I am pretty sure are part of the same company and I corresponded with them also. My last letter regarding this (at the correct address) was from connaught, where they apologised for pursuing the alleged debt and passed it back to first credit. I have all of the letters and responses filed away if they are required, but rest assured that first credit are lying here. More to the point, I didn't contact first credit when letters appeared at my father's address, I complained to trading standards instead as I have made complaints to first credit on a number of occasions and both I and my father consider this harassment. I'm also sure that they have breached DPA by doing this.

3. I can provide evidence that I served fist credit notice to stop processing my data TWICE (in May and December 2008) and connaught once (march 2009) under sections 10 and 12.

Please take this email as further evidence for my complaint against first credit - they are lying and I can prove it. I stand by my declaration that first credit have been given no reason to believe I moved home and were deliberately trying to cause me psychological harassment by attempting to involve my family. As i'm sure you'll agree, this is of no concern to my family and considering i'm xx years old and haven't lived with parents for the best part of ten years, is completely unjustifiable by first credit. I have to admit i'm not surprised they're willing to lie about the situation.

Thank you for your help with this matter, I should also mention that I can forward all correspondence sent to and received from first credit and in many cases can provide proof of delivery.

Kind regards,

Danson79
Old 18-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Assistant Moderator

Well, unfortunately they will distort the truth, that is the game that, they PLAY...
Old 20-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Assistant Moderator

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-1774567.html

BOUDICCA