Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Bits 'n' Pieces
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2008, 09:30 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Tam is very slim...but that shower of his something else. I would kill for it.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:12 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

In exceptional circumstances I might be persuaded to share it

purely to help save the planet by conserving water of course
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details

Last edited by Tamadus : 02-01-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:36 PM

Perseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to all

LMAO -TAM - your such a tease! Does a bath towel cover it? or do you need a bath sheet like me?!?!?!

On a serious note!
System Restore, whilst exceptionally handy to recover from certain disasters - is unfortunately to blame for 60%+ of all re-invections of virus/trojans/worms/etc.
The more clever hackers and virul manufacturers rely on most users utilising the sys restore - and design their infections to hibernate there.
Once restore points are infected, you are unlikely to restore without some infection trace being regenerated after a short time.

Whilst you may have re-installed the necessary drivers for all devices attached, you may have hibernated the trojan, which at some point MAY return.
Me personally advise never to use sys restore (as in disable it) - regaining much sought after memory, and reducing hibernating viruses.
It does increase the 'fatal' risk of infections, but I back up regularly, and now with Counterspy - will be very well protected.
At the risk of ex-communication, I personally would make sure ALL windows/microsoft updates are carried out, update all anti virus/counterspy etc, run disk clea, run disk defragment, turn off sys restore, shut down - restart in safe mode - run trend housecall and/or counterspy, then once finished, shut down and restart in normal mode.
That SHOULD remove all chances of infections, whilst maintenance having been carried out - speed your system up.
I have an attachment to send to Tam, which I hope can be uploaded with some screen shots and instructions for various tune-ups.
Hope this helps

Pers
x
Any advice or guidance given by Perseus or Consumer Credit Support is provided without prejudice, and is based on personal experience only. Please seek professional legal assistance to clarify your particular case. Thank you.

If we've helped in recovering bank charges, please help us keep this site alive for others by donating.

sedit qui timuit ne non succederet.
He who feared he would not succeed, sat still.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:44 PM

I only have bath sheets Pers lmao If you saw my bathroom you would understand why DL likes it so much. Believe me she isn't joking when she says it's almost as big as her living room.

Got the help sheet and I'll add some bits onto it if you dont mind then post it. Continuing the excellent advice you give may I add in the following.

Following a system restore any software you have installed between the restore date and actually restoring it will be lost, so if it's something you want then it will have to be re-installed. I always create a restore point before installing any new software so if any problems arise from it then it's a simple exercise to remove it.

After doing a restore because of problems like those encountered by Jster (spyware mostly) I always run a full system acan with both Norton anti-virus and Housecall, I follow that up with a full scan using Counterspy. That is usually sufficient to find and remove any traces of the infection.

As a matter of routine I do a full anti virus scan weekly and a full scan daily for spyware. I cannot recall the last time I saw a pop up without my express permission or my browser got hi-jacked.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 03-01-2008, 12:59 AM

Perseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to all

Absolutely Tam - add whatever you see fit.
Anything that helps - and visual aids are quite effective on this topic.
Edit whichever may be unsuitable...
Thanks
Pers
Any advice or guidance given by Perseus or Consumer Credit Support is provided without prejudice, and is based on personal experience only. Please seek professional legal assistance to clarify your particular case. Thank you.

If we've helped in recovering bank charges, please help us keep this site alive for others by donating.

sedit qui timuit ne non succederet.
He who feared he would not succeed, sat still.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:46 PM

HONESTLY is on a distinguished road

You could also if you have a packard bell prss f11 on reboot and goto system restore as well.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Assistant Moderator

Jster$$$ will become famous soon enough

Hi all

And again thank you all for all your advise with regards to this.

Any joy with the help sheet Tam. If it cant be uploaded may I pm my email so I could take a look.

I'm sure it will be very helpful if not now maybe in the future

J
Old 07-01-2008, 05:54 PM

either that or email me on tamadus@consumercreditsupport.co.uk Jster.

I could of course surprise you and email it to you anyway may be a bit big though for your hotmail address.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Assistant Moderator

ah yes you have all the insider info don't you
silly me
Old 07-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Assistant Moderator

Can I SAR CCS?