Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Have Your Say
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2012, 02:50 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation
Default Pickpockets perhaps?

I went shopping this morning, paid for my goods at store 1 and then went into store 2, got to the check out to pay and my purse has gone. Patted myself down, check pockets in my coat, no purse. On leaving shop one, I helped a lady in a wheel chair to get out of the store, the store has an incline up to the door and she was struggling. MOTH had the shopping bags. The CCTV in the store shows that I had my purse in my hand at the time. I also wear a bag that goes across my body and I normally put my purse in this and zipper close the body bag. When I went to get my purse out of the body bag, the zipper was open and only my sunglasses were in it. I was bumped into by a woman while in store 2, she was being followed around by a teenage boy pushing a trolley. the woman was acting strangely, but in the town where I live, some people do behave strangely so i suppose it is normal... Thank goodness the bank was open so I went down and cancelled my cards and was able to tell them at the bank how much I had spent in Store 1. The bank advanced gave me some cash from one of my accounts, but I was not thinking clearly and started to shake. The horror of the ID Th e f t and the consequent f ra ud came flooding back. MOTH and went around to the police station and reported the loss of the purse. I am hoping that whoever has the purse spends the cash in it and does not enjoy whatever they buy. I have the inconvenience of having to replace all my cards, my license and ID card. I am not a careless person and as far as my purse goes I am so careful that it is secure. I suppose with the extremely cold weather we are experiencing, heavy clothing and the rest, it has helped the pick pocket get away with this.