Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Have Your Say
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 13-10-2008, 09:43 AM

buzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtChubbs View Post
  • Why do drivers of a certain make of car, think they can ignore the rules of the road and just pull out and cut you up ?
Hmmm.

BMW by any chance!!?

Anyway, here's mine.

Why do people who have driveways back out onto main roads. Surely it is easier and safer to back into the drive.

Why is it that wherever I park my car, when I return to it there is always a van or 4WD each side, even if the car park is only half full

Why do people think that hazard lights allow them to stop anywhere they wish - On a bend in the road, on zig-zags at crossings.

Why do people get impatient with lollipop men/women. At most their journey will only be interrupted for 30 seconds.

Why can my wife only park if there is not another car within 200 yards.

Why do other drivers think they have to nominate themselves as a DJ and force everyone to listen to their choice in music. They think they are cool but are just todays version of the 1980's medallion men.

My god, am I really that grumpy!!!
Old 13-10-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Why cant lorries be made to drive in the left hand lane at all times as they are on the Continent.
I thought it was law that all vehicles drove in the left hand lane except when overtaking

Seriously, if all drivers did move back to the left lane after overtaking, the roads would flow a lot better. The police should enforce this.

I am an HGV and coach driver (considerate one- Honest) and I have lost count of the times I have to slow down so as not to break the law by undertaking a car that is hogging the middle lane at 50mph.
It can take ages for a wagon to reach its top speed of 56mph and if you have to slow down all momentum is lost and that has a domino effect on following traffic.
That is one of the reasons that lorries appear to overtake each other then slow down. If they didnt, then it would cause all the other traffic in the lane to stop.

How many times have you had to stop in a queue of traffic for no apparent reason.
It is because the front car has braked slightly ( usually to rubber neck an accident on the other side) this has caused the following traffic to do the same thus causing a jam.

Rant over !!!

Buzz
Old 13-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
if you have to slow down all momentum is lost and that has a domino effect on following traffic.
I always let Wagons go ahead of me if at junctions especially if they have a little bit of rolling going on , been there done that the next gear is like christmas day and the older the wagon I found the worse it got lol

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 13-10-2008, 08:56 PM

sparkie1723 has a spectacular aura aboutsparkie1723 has a spectacular aura about

Why does everyone think they are better drivers than everyone else???
sparkie
Old 13-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Assistant Moderator

TANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of light

Why does Tanz get Bus rage?
Old 13-10-2008, 11:15 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post

Why do people who have driveways back out onto main roads. Surely it is easier and safer to back into the drive.
I always believed it was against the law to reverse onto a major road, which is probably why I never give way to those who make a habit of this
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 14-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

I thought that too, but its also against the law to park opposite a junction, and obscure the exit of one, but the police do squat diddly about it. i was told only this week , "its up to the attending officer to assess the situation , but they would be doing it all day and in a large quantity Madame if they booked them all for breaking the law". prevention is better than cure went out the window with that one then.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 14-10-2008, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

happyhour has disabled reputation

I wonder if people know why the yellow boxes are there? I wonder if people know you should not proceed until you can clear the yellow box?

I think not.

PLEASE NOTE :

I am always happy to give my time, advice and support without prejudice and based only on my own experience and knowledge, however, you must seek legal counsel if you are at all unsure of your claim......

Please do not publish my posts elsewhere without my express permission beforehand. Thank you!
Old 14-10-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhour View Post
I wonder if people know why the yellow boxes are there? I wonder if people know you should not proceed until you can clear the yellow box?
Unless you are turning right but are prevented from doing so due to oncoming traffic
Old 14-10-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamadus View Post
I always believed it was against the law to reverse onto a major road, which is probably why I never give way to those who make a habit of this
I know that it is illegal to back onto a main road from a minor road, however it is the abiguity of whether a driveway is classified as a minor road.