Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Have Your Say
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 14-10-2008, 04:42 PM

Bab's Mum is on a distinguished road
Angry

WHY don't the police stop/arrest drivers without LIGHTS switched on in Heavy/light misty rain.

A Police car passed me coming in opposite direction including many other motorists - in HEAVY rain in morning Mist/fog - guess what - no LIGHTS!!

Who arrests/stops the police?

Old 14-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
I know that it is illegal to back onto a main road from a minor road, however it is the abiguity of whether a driveway is classified as a minor road.

Nope its not a road wish it was, any dropped curb is still classed as a pavement, with pedestrians right of way.

All the lowered curb means is you have been granted access to drive across it.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 14-10-2008, 10:15 PM

buzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bab's Mum View Post
WHY don't the police stop/arrest drivers without LIGHTS switched on in Heavy/light misty rain.

A Police car passed me coming in opposite direction including many other motorists - in HEAVY rain in morning Mist/fog - guess what - no LIGHTS!!

Who arrests/stops the police?

A while ago, i was following a police car and noticed there was a light out at the back. Was so tempted to flash him and pull him over.

Trouble is, I would have picked a jobsworth who would probably looked over my car with a fine tooth comb
Old 14-10-2008, 10:47 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Something I have noticed recently following some repainting of a dual carriageway near me. They have effectively reduced it to a single carriageway in places and given priority to vehicles joining it (crazy and a death trap I know but thats road planners for you)

This has resulted in several painted areas with solid lines. Now it is an offence to cross those solid lines and enter the chevroned area, yet I regularly see police cars PARKED in that box area. They are obviously hoping somebody will come speeding along, but they are commiting several offences by parking in that area. I dont think I have ever seen anyone park in such a stupid and dangerous place.

One day I intend taking a photo and splashing it all over the local newspapers demanding an explanation and prosecution.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 14-10-2008, 10:58 PM

In Brixton in London, a group calling themselves Copbusters go round putting parking tickets on illegally parked police cars.
If they see one without anyone in , they call Scotland Yard and tell them to move it unless they can prove the cop is on a genuine call out.
Quite often they are just parked outside the police stations.

Was on telly last week.
Should have seen some of the coppers faces.

The copbusters drive round in an american cop car with a big police dummy on the top , bent over and a large hand smacking its bum .
Not sure if I can post the link, but if you google "copbusters" you will see the picture

Old 14-10-2008, 11:08 PM

Simian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to all

I'm a taxi driver, and I think I OWN the road. I recently found myself "owning" a field - much to my embarrassment. The other cabbies now know me as "Squadron Leader" - as I think I was airborne for a while. In a month, though, I'll be back to my arrogant self.

Another cabbie had the temerity to stop a Police car and mention (with a straight face) that they had a light out. Shortly after, she was "done" for undoing her seat belt seconds before stopping - and then later she was "done" for using a mobile phone whilst on the move. She was actually propping her head up with her hand at traffic lights !! So, do NOT tell Mr. Plod his flies are undone - let the world see him for the little winkle he is !!!

I'm currently challenging a speeding ticket I picked up. I'm told that if I do win, I will LOSE - because the little playground bullies will be waiting for me - and I will get done for wearing a loud shirt in a built-up area, or passing wind with undue care and attention (sic - it's a bloke thing - we have to cock one leg and wince !! )

Oh - peeps who pass you in fog, and then slow right down because they no longer have someone's lights to follow.

Peeps who drive at 25mph in a 30mph zone. OK - they have a right to - and I don't tailgate them (honest, guv !!) - but they annoy me nevertheless !!!
Old 14-10-2008, 11:20 PM

Simian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to all

Quote:
The copbusters drive round in an american cop car with a big police dummy on the top , bent over and a large hand smacking its bum .
Not sure if I can post the link, but if you google "copbusters" you will see the picture

Now this - I gotta Google. A gem.

Tam - who you gonna call ?

Yep - you guessed that tune in one. Altogether, now....
Old 15-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

lmao
http://www.urban75.org/brixton/photos/63.html

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 15-10-2008, 11:11 AM

Shame the Copbusters dont have a website, just that photo.

Bet they would get quite a good following.

I believe they now have a tank which they use too, but cant seem to find a photo of it.
Old 17-10-2008, 06:05 AM

Andrew1.5 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Unless you are turning right but are prevented from doing so due to oncoming traffic
My lad was photo'd in a yellow box by camera's in Central London turning right after leaving the traffic lights and was prevented from doing so by oncoming traffic. I think he got a 100 fine in the post. Are you saying this is not against the law?