Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Have Your Say
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 27-09-2007, 09:03 PM

callumsgran will become famous soon enough
Default fuel up by 2.35p per litre as of 1/10

We have to pay even more for our fuel as of monday folks!
My husband is the main breadwinner in my household and has to travel 122 miles to work and back 5 days a week, he cant use public transport as buses dont run at 3am in the morning when his shift starts
Why cant the government make concessions for people like us who have no choice but to work miles away?
any comments peeps?
Old 27-09-2007, 09:19 PM

rippedoffagain is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately the price of oil is very high at the moment, it obviously impacts heavily on high mileage users. I can't really see what the government can do to relieve individual users. Sorry.
Old 27-09-2007, 09:28 PM

Wrong rippedoff, this was instigated at the budget this rise has nothing to do with oil prices (although admittedly they are high) they'll be going up again soon for that and another rise in april next year!!!!
Old 27-09-2007, 09:49 PM

grimbell will become famous soon enough

Better stock up on my veggie oil before that goes up as well.
Old 27-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

happyhour has disabled reputation

and I bought my car tax online yesterday and had to pay an extra 2.50 for using a credit card. Tax on tax on tax.
I know this was announced in the budget, but not very good timing for Gordon's election pitch. Why does the government put taxes & prices up, but salaries and benefits don't go up by the same amount?
Answers on a postcard please.

PLEASE NOTE :

I am always happy to give my time, advice and support without prejudice and based only on my own experience and knowledge, however, you must seek legal counsel if you are at all unsure of your claim......

Please do not publish my posts elsewhere without my express permission beforehand. Thank you!
Old 27-09-2007, 09:56 PM

Not wrong callumsgran, the price of oil is very high.

By the way there are rumblings of protests in the offing again,

Quote:
Drivers are facing paying over 1 a litre for petrol for the first time as a double price hike looms.

Hurricanes affecting production in the Gulf of Mexico, a key refining region, and a planned increase in fuel tax by Westminster make up the two-pronged attack on motorists which has sparked warnings of an angry backlash.

Truck drivers' representatives said there are "already rumblings" about fuel protests such as the blockades seen across the country in recent years.
Link
Old 27-09-2007, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippedoffagain View Post
Not wrong callumsgran, the price of oil is very high.

By the way there are rumblings of protests in the offing again,

Link
sorry but you are, this rise is not because the price of oil has risen, or did Gordon Brown have a crystal ball?
The new rise is down to the budget, not the oil prices although i did say( if you had taken the time to read all of my post) admittedly the price of oil is high!!!
Old 27-09-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callumsgran View Post
sorry but you are, this rise is not because the price of oil has risen, or did Gordon Brown have a crystal ball?
The new rise is down to the budget, not the oil prices although i did say( if you had taken the time to read all of my post) admittedly the price of oil is high!!!
Sorry callumsgram, you are obviously hit hard by the rise, but I simply observed that the price of oil is high,

Quote:
Unfortunately the price of oil is very high at the moment, it obviously impacts heavily on high mileage users. I can't really see what the government can do to relieve individual users.
Oil is around 30% higher than last year, priced in dollars, so allowing for a 12% decline in the dollar, oil is over 15% dearer. Yes the increase in tax is unjustified, but so is every other tax hike.
Old 27-09-2007, 10:59 PM

Well it would be a good idea if you could pay less income tax or something if you have to travel over a certain distance away to work
Also giving people who live in cities better incentives for car sharing
When i lived in Bristol, in rush hour the queues of traffic i saw were ridiculous, especially when you look to see that there is only 1 person in each car!
Old 28-09-2007, 08:38 AM

Thought i would bump this as it was talked about late last night