Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Have Your Say
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 02:50 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation
Default Pickpockets perhaps?

I went shopping this morning, paid for my goods at store 1 and then went into store 2, got to the check out to pay and my purse has gone. Patted myself down, check pockets in my coat, no purse. On leaving shop one, I helped a lady in a wheel chair to get out of the store, the store has an incline up to the door and she was struggling. MOTH had the shopping bags. The CCTV in the store shows that I had my purse in my hand at the time. I also wear a bag that goes across my body and I normally put my purse in this and zipper close the body bag. When I went to get my purse out of the body bag, the zipper was open and only my sunglasses were in it. I was bumped into by a woman while in store 2, she was being followed around by a teenage boy pushing a trolley. the woman was acting strangely, but in the town where I live, some people do behave strangely so i suppose it is normal... Thank goodness the bank was open so I went down and cancelled my cards and was able to tell them at the bank how much I had spent in Store 1. The bank advanced gave me some cash from one of my accounts, but I was not thinking clearly and started to shake. The horror of the ID Th e f t and the consequent f ra ud came flooding back. MOTH and went around to the police station and reported the loss of the purse. I am hoping that whoever has the purse spends the cash in it and does not enjoy whatever they buy. I have the inconvenience of having to replace all my cards, my license and ID card. I am not a careless person and as far as my purse goes I am so careful that it is secure. I suppose with the extremely cold weather we are experiencing, heavy clothing and the rest, it has helped the pick pocket get away with this.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:41 PM

Andrew1 is on a distinguished road

" B r s t a r d s " what lousy people there are in this world, my OH had that in our Village, bloke and a kid following him around just like yours, fortunately OH cornered them in the health food shop and the older guy told the younger one to give her the purse back once OH started yelling at him in store...they legged it, but it shook OH up just like you DL.

As you say, it's all the inconvenience it causes, let alone the cash, and your purse will end up being dumped somewhere anyway.

They used to do this in Oxford Street in London where I worked, gangs of the feckers doing it and then putting the booty straight away into an envelope, stuffing it in the post box and sending it off to Mexico of all places I heard.

Sickening, violating and despicable. Sorry to hear this DL.

Last edited by Andrew1 : 11-02-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:49 AM

I am still smarting from being a target. B says I stand out a bit, the way I dress and how I carry myself. He says he can pick me at a distance and in a crowd.

I am laughing today, because the credit card in the purse has expired, and is not renewed as the account has been closed. The debit cards are for basic accounts, so no profit to be gained there. My prepaid credit cards stay at home. My ID shows the job I do on a voluntary basis, and which organisation, so that could be interesting for them; then they will discover technically I am an OAP...I hope they bring ill will down on themselves. B says I should curse them...I just think KARMA.

Your OH was quick witted. I just wish I had been more aware.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

BOUDICCA will become famous soon enoughBOUDICCA will become famous soon enough

Bar stewards, I'll second that!

******* the wise old baby boomer ladies and they will end up in the mire...

Pity you hadn't caught the **** DL and then you could have bashed he/she with your HA RODS handbag
Old 09-03-2012, 04:09 PM

Update, thank goodness for CCTV. the pickpockets got nabbed. I got my purse back minus a few bits and pieces, but the best bit was the studs in the purse...easily identified and this is how the woman could not deny enjoying them. I had them photgraphed for insurance purposes, so there was no mistake as to whom they belonged. I am now waiting for the day we go to court.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Assistant Moderator

BOUDICCA will become famous soon enoughBOUDICCA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Update, thank goodness for CCTV. the pickpockets got nabbed. I got my purse back minus a few bits and pieces, but the best bit was the studs in the purse...easily identified and this is how the woman could not deny enjoying them. I had them photgraphed for insurance purposes, so there was no mistake as to whom they belonged. I am now waiting for the day we go to court.
Brilliant!