Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Have Your Say
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2008, 09:28 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

I'll take a look at utilising the site calendarbut for now zubo's idea is a good one so if everyone can post in this thread I'll make it a sticky.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 03-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubo View Post
Spring clean?? maybe, I'm always loathe to do that. At some point someone has taken time to register.

There maybe a million reasons they have not posted - does not mean they won't at some time...

Z
Most certainly totaly agree, maybe a contact email... a hi hellloooo missing you.. weres are post card type of thing?

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 04-08-2008, 08:57 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

I have filled in the default calendar on the site for my upcoming social activities. While I am on the line, not much good at the moment with the PM's, have an emergency with OBI and setting up appointments for him, trying to keep him out of hospital. Getting older is not for wimps
Old 04-08-2008, 09:12 PM

Thanks to Jster for letting me know that somehow assistant mods didnt have automatic access to the defautl calendar. I have now corrected this and all registered users, mods, ass mods and admin should have access to it.

I'm in 2 minds about allowing registered users the ability to modify events though as this could cause mayhem and I cant think of a reason why members would need to post events.. So for the time being posting events is only allowed by members of the moderation team.

Please try and keep this limited to planned absence or unavaiability due to holidays etc.

DL, we all know about your position with Obi and your own health at the moment so please don't panic about needing to post hospital visits. I think Zubo's idea was simply so we have some warning of unavaiability for things like holidays.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 04-08-2008, 09:32 PM

zubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to allzubo is a name known to all

Absolutely DL.

You do far too much - you just look after you and Obi and don't worry too much about the OOO - its only intended as a quick Hols heads up - I didnt want to let anyone down.

Z

and you can stop worrying for a couple of weeks and have a great holiday

Last edited by Tamadus : 04-08-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:16 AM

I posted up the appointments, because people do PM or email me and I hate not answering them, soif they know I am unavailable they will realise I am not ignoring them.

I am longing for a holiday and if OBI can keep himself together I am trying to get three days away next month just to enjoy the sea on my feet and the sand between my toes.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamadus View Post
I'm in 2 minds about allowing registered users the ability to modify events though as this could cause mayhem.
I agree a trillion percent.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 05-08-2008, 08:59 AM

Scenario:

Spammer registers and gets access to the calendar.

Troll is a registered user, need I say more?

As this is to let everyone know where the MOD team is playing it should onoly be the MOD team to have alteration access.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:57 PM

HP has PM'd me with something I never even considered (too trusting I guess).

By posting holiday times and periods on a publicly viewable calendar we are opening the door to possible break-ins from anybody that can pinpoint our locations. This could have be a potentially serious problem.

I can only suggest a calendar viewable only by the team so that we at least know when one of us will be absent from home.