Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Have Your Say
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2008, 12:54 PM

dpick will become famous soon enoughdpick will become famous soon enough
Default No you cannot go to the loo

Darligton cabbie booked for going to the loo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7658704.stm

sorry I gotta go.

dpick
Old 08-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Sack the idiot who obviousley read the law while bedtime reading the night before, and attempted to have a pop.

in 1847 they probably peed over the cart side, I do hope Mr Cab driver attempts that action as a council employee walks by.

next prams will get booked as they are being used on pavements and have 4 wheels and a brake!

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 08-10-2008, 08:55 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Here is what the Actually says

62 Penalties in case of carriages being unattended at places of public resort
If the driver of any hackney carriage leave it in any street or at any place of public resort or entertainment, whether it be hired or not, without some one proper to take care of it, any constable may drive away such hackney carriage and deposit it, and the horse or horses harnessed thereto, at some neighbouring livery stable or other place of safe custody; and such driver shall be liable to a penalty not exceeding [F1level 1 on the standard scale]for such offence; and in default of payment of the said penalty upon conviction, and of the expenses of taking and keeping the said hackney carriage and horse or horses, the same, together with the harness belonging thereto, or any of them, shall be sold by order of the justice before whom such conviction is made, and after deducting from the produce of such sale the amount of the said penalty, and of all costs and expenses, as well of the proceedings before such justice as of the taking, keeping, and sale of the said hackney carriage, and of the said horse or horses and harness, the surplus (if any) of the g.,aid produce shall be paid to the proprietor of such hackney carriage.
Annotations:

Amendments (Textual)

F1Words substituted (E.W.) by virtue of ******** Law Act 1977 (c. 45, SIF 39: 1), s. 31 and ******** Justice Act 1982 (c. 48, SIF 39:1) s. 46
Modifications etc. (not altering text)

C1S. 62 extended by Town Police Clauses Act 1889 (c. 14, SIF 107: 1), s. 4(1) (2)
C2Ss. 37–66, 68 repealed as to public service vehicles by Road Traffic Act 1930 (c. 43, SIF 108), Sch. 5
C3Ss. 37–65 applied with modifications by S.I. 1986/567, regs 3, 4

Another jobsworth who does not understand what the Act actually says

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatut..._18470089_en_1