Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Media Coverage
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2008, 09:08 AM

Goldie37 is on a distinguished road
Default RBS Nat West See the Light

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7759054.stm

Are RBS going to do the right thing?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:50 AM

Simian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to all

Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical, but I suspect that they will be seen to be "doing their best" - and many people will simply accept what they are offered, and leave it at that. This will cut NatWest's losses in what I guess must seem to them to be an inevitable outcome of the Test Case appeal.

I'm guessing that what we forums will be then doing, is "policing" these refunds, and making sure that there are no "errors in the bank's favour." I feel there may be many such errors, and that we will all still have to do our own research and calculation. But now, we will be sending "advisory" prelims, with our own calculations in them, and following up from there.

I also believe that, where the banks have hitherto been relying on their legal teams to withstand claims, they will be relying more and more on their accountants, now, as this will become a battle of numbers, and not words.

JMHO, of course, but are we witnessing the dawning of the Age of the Abacus ?
Old 04-12-2008, 09:07 PM

nattie will become famous soon enoughnattie will become famous soon enough

All banks have people working on all outcomes of the OFT test case making sure systems are in place for all eventualities. That is what they have to do. They were not really prepared enough when the bulk of bank charges letters started to come in by the busload. It brought about resentment and unrest with staff because of the amount of time you were not dealing with customers to deal with letters. Having processes in place prior to an avalanche is better than anarchy which happened many moons ago.