Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > NHS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 30-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Assistant Moderator

Glenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to all

FWIW

Unless they have repealed sections of the DPA on introduced specific exemptions for the NHS data files then in answer to your questions the info has to be easily understood so any codes would need a key, if it was indecipherable due to poor handwriting then they would need to provide a transcription too.

If you want ill ring my contact at the ICO to check on whether there are any exemptions.

I have been meaning to opt out too, its an easy decision for me, its only me that it affects, its harder for two of my kids (i have a Son who lives with his mother and i have no say over his records) since it may be them that suffers as a result of my decision.

Anyway, i don't believe it will do me any good having my details listed that is.

This past couple of weeks, my son Jake, 10 months old, has had a hacking cough and conjunctivitis. hes been to our doctor twice and the paediatric section up the local hospital, he has had no amount of sleepless nights and lots of aggro with my wife and i holding him down to administer drops in his eyes. At 10 months old its pretty traumatic for him, not to mention us and his sister, to have to hold him donw screaming to get the drops in his eyes 4 times a day.

The final visit to the GP reveals, that he has sinusitis and the drops in his eyes (10 days worth 4 times a day!) have been doing no good at all.

Oh incidentally it was only on the final visit the doctor actually took a good close look at his eyes. So i wonder, how would the database have helped?

Glenn
Old 30-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Assistant Moderator

Jster$$$ will become famous soon enough

The more I read/hear things about this database the more opposed I become.
Old 30-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

i Have friends in America who go from one doctor to another and they actually have their notes, i don't see why we can not keep our own notes, if we loose them its our doing. Not apply for them with up to 50 but actually be given them, and at each doctors meeting we should be given a print off of what they have typed in to add to our own and if its incorrect or holds false information of your meeting then you can question it there and then.

I have had 2 corrections made from gaining my notes, so if i had not viewed them i would now be being treated as a smoker of 19 a day when i don't even smoke??

I have my notes now from my GP , and Ive taken relevant past papers with me and not one health worker has bothered to take them on board or had the time to read them, so i can't see how it would help anyone on a timed appointment, it would only be useful if they were actually in hospital or A&E being examined and problem investigated further.

Its the patiences themselves that need more involvement with their notes and thier treatment not the WWW

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change

Last edited by Hocuspocus : 30-12-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 30-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Assistant Moderator

slightly off topic but i hate it when the receptionist asks why you want an appointment to see the doctor, I always thought Doctor - Patient confidentiality was highly respected but it turns out the receptionists are now quaified doctors and can decide if the reason you want to see the doctor is important enough to warrant an appointment.

a couple of years ago i went to my GPs and the receptionist gave me a questionaire to fill out, where it said any other comments i added my bit about nosey receptionists since then they haven't asked why i wanted to see the doctor, however i rarely go to the Drs but recently I made an appointment to see the nurse and they asked my why and i said it was personal. So now the receptionists have been demoted to qualified nurses

Rant over
Old 30-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Assistant Moderator

Ours seem to have been trained in boot camp to, bared wire on the desk in my clinic, as far as i know they are not allowed to ask, but i notice if you ring for an emergency appointment they do ask and will say no if they think its not appropriate.

When they refused my friends daughter an appointment on the diagnosis it was a belly bug. On the symptoms of a very high temperature and vomiting I got on the phone and she was seen within the hour, so it is getting a bit ridiculous.

Old 30-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Assistant Moderator

one tip is to say the symptoms have been going on for 5-7 days...........not sure if this is ethical!!!!!!
Old 31-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Assistant Moderator

TANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jster$$$ View Post
slightly off topic but i hate it when the receptionist asks why you want an appointment to see the doctor, I always thought Doctor - Patient confidentiality was highly respected but it turns out the receptionists are now quaified doctors and can decide if the reason you want to see the doctor is important enough to warrant an appointment.
I have had this out with a receptionist before, not that it was anything I felt I couldn't share but I just told her it was prviate and something I would only be discussing with the doctor.

In other words keep your nose out.

Not that it would have remained a secret because you can garuantee that she would have had access to your notes anyway and if she/he was nosey enough would/could have had a gander at these notes.

Regards

Tanz
Old 31-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Assistant Moderator

Wait till you get the log in computer screen that tells you , you can not be seen today, as you are 3 minutes late, but you weren't you were on time.

Happened 2 months ago a man behind me entered his details same appointment time as me and was refused his appointment.

I expressed my distate for the receptionist denial to talk about it and offered my appointment times and details for a complaint, but then he was allowed in , ( i wonder why) and it was a weeks trial.

Only IMHO Things are not on the right road to improvement, they are on the road to keeping patience as far to the end of an arms length as possible. With regards to human interaction/ dicsussion/ eye contact.

Next there will be some ridiculous adjustment to the FIA regarding your notes so I would grab them while you can.

Old 31-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Things have changed down at our surgery sionce I told the receptionist that is exactly what she is, and if I need an appointment I get with the doctor I nominate, not the one that is free and has never seen me before.

It's taken time to train her, but I she understands me now.
Old 31-12-2007, 04:48 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

I am opting out , because I am certain the database will have little or no effect oin any medical treatment I may need in the future. It is certainly not going to make a difference to any treatment I need in an emergency.

Medical treatment is very specific to the symptoms at the time of need and should have nothing to do with my having had a cold or similar 12 months ago.

This database is IMHO nothing more than another attempt to integrate every part of our private lives and it will almost certainly be linked into financial databases and the pathetic ID card scheme.

WE are going to find in a few years a crazy situation where we can't get motor insurance because we have had some minor ailment 10 years ago or something similar.

I don't want to see a situation where my credit suitability is governed by my medical history or visa versa.

It is just another goverment big brother tactic.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details