Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > NHS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 14-10-2007, 03:21 AM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about
Default NHS Care records system, your GP records.

Not sure where to put this as its DPA Based, could someone relocate if necessary, Thanks HP .

The NHS is building a mass data base, but you have the right to OPT out.
Patience are not being informed fully of their right to do so.

An article on the systemhttp://www.itweek.co.uk/computeracti...chance-opt-nhs

This is the website that holds information and updates.
http://www.nhsconfidentiality.org/?page_id=3

Security issues will be as closed as the banks
http://www.nhsconfidentiality.org/?p=54

Instead any alerts, set off if someone not directly responsible for a patient’s care accesses their record, will be sent to PCT Caldicott Guardians, appointed to oversee confidentiality. They will decide if the alert is a genuine breach and then whether to alert the patient and GP.

However, an expert witness to the Health Select Committee’s inquiry into the rollout of electronic care records this week told Pulse the safeguard was flawed because Caldicott Guardians will be under pressure not to report alerts.

This week I had an appointment with a Solicitor in a local High Street who said this will make our Inquiry Agents job much easier as we go to great lengths to get access to patients medical records.

The Opt out PDF pre written letter, the web page fills in your details for you to send to your GP
http://www.nhsconfidentiality.org/optoutletter

This PDF letter is actually to The Secretary of State for Health advising of your choice to opt out. ( I will be doing both for good measure)
http://www.fipr.org/nhs-optout.pdf Please read post 3 before sending this letter to the Secretary for health as it may be worth saving a stamp and going with the letter in the above link

You can also Access your own Health Records at any time with a Data Protection Act Request.
http://www.yourrights.org.uk/your-ri...-records.shtml

Last edited by Hocuspocus : 05-01-2008 at 01:59 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Assistant Moderator

Could someone in the know give guidance on the below thanks HP

1, The abbreviation list that has to be sent with the bank notes, would this be the same for the Information act request as being used for doctors and schools abbreviations in notes.

2, Could there also be a request of all and any telephone notes references, and dates of calls that are in reference to a patient notes.

3, Also any old hand written scribbled notes, can they be requested for translation if they are not readable for reference.

Please view post 22 for ICO answers to these questions 1&2

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change

Last edited by Hocuspocus : 05-01-2008 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Assistant Moderator

I received this letter in response to the letter link in post 1. Addressed to the Secretary of State for health.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:11 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Hah, we notified our GP surgery earlier this year about the opting out of details. They goit a shock as they hadn't even realised it was being introduced...
Old 10-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Assistant Moderator

I wasn't to pleased about being asked to read more info as I've made my mind up, but the funny thing is theres wasn't a Care record Guarantee enclosed for reading, so they can urge all they like.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Assistant Moderator

Jster$$$ will become famous soon enough

without wanting to sound to dumb (Prob too late for that)

Why would you want to opt out?

what are the main reasons For and Against this?

J
Old 10-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hi Jester there is a link in post one that explains much regarding the security risks of the process, it is a personnel choice and well worth researching.

I'M opting out as I'm very tired of receiving poor service from the Health Services, and i won't be used as a pawn.

I don't view anything done anymore by the government with in the health system to be anything other than to solidify a big bother status. If Government had a true caring for our welfare the country wouldn't be struggling to provide medicine and operations for illnesses, while fat bosses eat lobster.

I could go on a rant but no point, its only my personnel views to make a choice.

Yes if you go to emergency room they would have your records immediately and may be then cross reference on the spot to help treatment, if you are treated at an accident it could help there too, all data base would be shared through out the medical system, and you never know one day they may be linked to your credit record to and your borrowing will be assessed on your medical records credit scoring. I see no end to the way information is handled, its done as and when its needed with no care for data protection act.

Its purely my own position and my own thoughts, not mean't to sway anyones view, the details are all linked above.

Last edited by Hocuspocus : 10-11-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:14 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

I used to work in the NHS and as part of my job I had access to this all new singing dancing system. It was enough to convince me to OPT out.
They sell it as being for the convenience of the patient and you can go anywhere in the country your records are avaialble immediately. Umm on the surface fine, but they are also going to use the records for research and statistics and a lot more.

The information is not secure.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Assistant Moderator

Jster$$$ will become famous soon enough

thanks HP and DL

I was very interested in others views.

It really does help (me) when reading another perspective on it. Partically when some of us may have insider info

added: sorry that made it sound like i had insider info (if only) which i don't
Old 30-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Assistant Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
I used to work in the NHS and as part of my job I had access to this all new singing dancing system. It was enough to convince me to OPT out.
They sell it as being for the convenience of the patient and you can go anywhere in the country your records are avaialble immediately. Umm on the surface fine, but they are also going to use the records for research and statistics and a lot more.

The information is not secure.
Looks like someone is starting to notice, better late than never

Conservative website 24th Dec 2007

Andrew Lansley has described the revelation that nine NHS Trusts lost CDs and memory sticks containing patients' details as "further evidence of the Government's failure to protect the personal information which we provide."

The Shadow Health Secretary said this latest blunder put the Government's planned electronic patient database in serious doubt:

"We will need further steps on the part of the Department of Health to show how their planned electronic patient's database will protect our medical records."
And he proposed that instead of storing patients' records on one central database, they should be held locally instead:

"The Government should accept that this would offer us greater protection