Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Housing > Housing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2009, 11:55 AM

SgtChubbs will become famous soon enough
Default Noisy Neighbours - What Can Be Done ?

Ok the long and the short of it, is that my next door neighbour has a dog and it continually barks during the day.

They are not home in the morning's so the dog just barks and barks and barks... Even late into the evening, sit down to watch t.v and it is barking and barking

I have a well deserved day off to day

And guess what, woken by that dog barking, sit down for lunch, dog barking.

I have previously made a complaint to the Council, which was passed onto Enviromental Health, gave them a log detailing times etc and basically they said there was nothing they could do and they didn't consider it to be a problem.

I know nothing about housing issues or legalities. I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice re human rights etc..

SgtChubbs (a.k.a chubbs)
Posts are based on my own personal experience. No offence is intended and should not be taken
Old 01-04-2009, 12:09 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Shoot the dog.....debark it on the quiet...if it is out, catch it and take it to the animal shelter....now if we were in certain South East Asian countries you could sell it, I've eaten dog unknowingly.

Seriously the dog needs company. They are pack animals and need a human around it or something to keep it occupied. I would keep on at the council about it, or better still report it to the RSPCA. it is cruel to keep a dog living like this one is.

Is it tied up, or kept indoors?

Can you speak to your neighbour about it?

Last edited by Dragonlady : 01-04-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:28 PM

[quote=Dragonlady;65630]Shoot the dog...[quote]

I am Ssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooo tempted lol

I have spoken to them and basically they don't care. They dog is in the house in the money then let loose in the afternoon in the back garden.

I agree that the dog may very well be lonely as it is home alone.

However, it is ruining my beauty sleep and I need as much as I can get

SgtChubbs (a.k.a chubbs)
Posts are based on my own personal experience. No offence is intended and should not be taken

Last edited by SgtChubbs : 01-04-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:00 PM

Ohhhh Sgt Chubbs, the old dragon has a nice quiet lair in the country, no barking dogs, just the sounds of the birds.

You can get all the beauty sleep you want.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

The Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to all

This looks like a case of nucience.Could possiably hit the dog with an ASBO.But seriously as this is causing a nucience then EH should be able to do something.Mind you Sarge my faith in Bexley's EH amounts to - zelch but thats another story.

Term

The courts shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner

Moneylending transactions as a class give rise to significant social problems.

Astalavista baby and I'll be back
Old 01-04-2009, 02:28 PM

Cheers Term, I was thinking more of a baseball bat than an ASBO*

*Disclaimer

THAT IS A JOKE !!!

I remember reading something, somehere about the HRA, I will have to do some more digging. I think I will leave it until the weekend for now. I have a day off and the sun is shining..

SgtChubbs (a.k.a chubbs)
Old 02-04-2009, 07:31 AM

birchave will become famous soon enough

is the house next door rented or owned?

there are now big changes regarding nuisence neighbours, I know, my neigbours from hell were evicted last year.

Keep on at the council and the environmental health department, failing that I have a 20 bore shotgun in the cabinet upstairs
Old 02-04-2009, 08:51 AM

LOL...

Can people stop giving me ideas.. If the dog dies, it is all your thought..

My home is privately owned and my neighbours is a local authority owned property.

Not that I have any real intention of taking them to Court, does anyone know if a) Could I say I am going to take the Council to Court as by not taking any action they have breached my human rights and b) will they be bothered

Thanks Guys

SgtChubbs (a.k.a chubbs)
Old 02-04-2009, 08:59 AM

Complain to the landlord of the house. They do have a policy regarding unsociable neighbors
Old 02-04-2009, 09:07 AM

Sorry when I say local authority, I mean the Council.

On their website there is a copy of the tenancy agreement but it does not really mention any rights and duties relating to noise

SgtChubbs (a.k.a chubbs)