Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Act
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2007, 01:26 PM

skintbutfightingback is on a distinguished road
Smile Could you please take a look at my CCA docs?

They're very similar to the docs received by Yaff, but as she very observantly pointed out to me - there are discrepancies with the page numbering (page 1 has 'page 1 of 10' AND 'page 1 of 3' on it?!

All opinions gratefully received as to its enforcability!

Old 05-07-2007, 01:31 PM

debt_mountain is on a distinguished road

the page 1 of 10 is probably when it was faxed to the person who sent it to you.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:37 PM
m55dlc

I would concur as in the bottom left it says 1 of 3 etc
Old 05-07-2007, 01:40 PM

Thanks for looking

What do you think of it? Enforcable or not?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:52 PM
m55dlc

By a quick glance the language on the first page would indicate that it does not form part of the agreement, and if that is the case, the agreement has not been executed on their behalf.

The terms 'accompanying credit agreement' and 'sign your agreement' (as opposed to sign this agreement) kind of make be believe that.....

What do other people think?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m55dlc View Post
By a quick glance the language on the first page would indicate that it does not form part of the agreement, and if that is the case, the agreement has not been executed on their behalf.

The terms 'accompanying credit agreement' and 'sign your agreement' (as opposed to sign this agreement) kind of make be believe that.....

What do other people think?
I hope so The first page is marked 'summary of your application'. It is stamped with 'received for and on behalf of the issuer' with the date and a little squiggle. The second page is headed 'credit card agreement'. They have not signed this.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:53 PM

Would love to hear anyone elses opinion please
Old 07-07-2007, 08:30 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

IMHO this is exactly what it says at the top of each page. A Credit Card Welcome Letter.

It may contain prescribed terms but where is the required heading about it being a consumer credit agreement regulated by....

Also read carefully that 'Declaration' bit at the bottom of the first page

Nope this is just a letter confirming details of an agreement, but I can't help wondering why they want you to sign it lol.

If they do claim this is the agreement then it's not been executed as the only signature for them is on the first letter page and not at the foot of the 'agreement' page.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details

Last edited by Tamadus : 07-07-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:40 PM
m55dlc

Tam, the heading is at the top of the second page. The first page is a summary. I agree it isn't executed, but I can see the rest of the items listed here.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:45 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

I did notice that after I posted, but isnt it supposed to be a lot more prominent?

I have just created a new sub forum specifically for this type of thread so it needs moving over.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details