Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Have Your Say
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 21-06-2007, 08:25 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation
Default Karen and Capital One in America

New war with Capital One.........

I got my billing statement and they attached a late fee to my account.
I called them infuriated. I have not been late ever and been with them for over 10 years.
I mail my payment the same time every month. Well, this month they showed processing it 3 days after
it should have arrived.
Oh I was not polite.............I refused to pay it and said that they illegally did this because I paid my balance down
to Zero. I told the guy about the investigations in the UK and that I know the lady that helped get it started and that
if they don't take this off my account, I will ask her who to report them to for fraudulent charges.
Well, the late charge was taken off..........then I called this morning to listen to the automated recording of my balance.
The employee at Capital One had not taken off the interest fee! Yes, an interest fee charged on a late fee.
It was only $1.05, but it was the principle of it all.
So I called again, this time I got a cocky guy who was rude..........I told him the same story and that it was illegal.
I also told him that there will not be anymore courtesy calls about this from me........the next call and communication
will be from my attorney and the Fair Credit Bureau, along with Consumer Affairs.
So he took it off and said for me to send my payments 7 to 10 days before they are due.
I told him I would certainly do that, as I didn't want to argue anymore with this rude person.
But the balance is Zero and that is where it will remain for several months.
Then I will charge $1.00 just so they have to spend the money to keep billing me.
I will send the $1.00 payment two weeks in advance and will send it with a return receipt requested as to when they
received it.
Damn credit card company.............excuse my language.

Just thought I would tell you the latest.
Between them and the airlines...........it sure is irritating.

Hugs

Poor Karen, she was furious with Capital One, so I told her what to do. looks like we are expanding by osmosis. First Texas, now Wisconsin
Old 21-06-2007, 11:05 AM

Perseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to all

Looks like Happy might be busy soon then - nice one DL...
Any advice or guidance given by Perseus or Consumer Credit Support is provided without prejudice, and is based on personal experience only. Please seek professional legal assistance to clarify your particular case. Thank you.

If we've helped in recovering bank charges, please help us keep this site alive for others by donating.

sedit qui timuit ne non succederet.
He who feared he would not succeed, sat still.
Old 21-06-2007, 11:26 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

It is surprising that people over have been lax with their statements and checking them. they didn't even realise they could do something about it.
Old 21-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

happyhour has disabled reputation

I called CIBC bank yesterday in Toronto and got $120 refunded for a family member here!
Best be sure my visas are all up to date then!

PLEASE NOTE :

I am always happy to give my time, advice and support without prejudice and based only on my own experience and knowledge, however, you must seek legal counsel if you are at all unsure of your claim......

Please do not publish my posts elsewhere without my express permission beforehand. Thank you!
Old 21-06-2007, 12:18 PM
thebetterhalf

I'll be your PA!

Shall I order my visa now?
Old 21-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

yup go ahead - 1st stop Manolo Blahnik on W54th followed by a quick whizz into Jimmy Choo, across Madison and into Saks & Bergdorf Goodman - lunch, downtown to Century 21, cocktails at the Peninsula Piano Bar, - 0h & then I guess we might do some work - does this sound too taxing for you....? If so, we could leave out the "work" bit.

PLEASE NOTE :

I am always happy to give my time, advice and support without prejudice and based only on my own experience and knowledge, however, you must seek legal counsel if you are at all unsure of your claim......

Please do not publish my posts elsewhere without my express permission beforehand. Thank you!
Old 21-06-2007, 01:32 PM
thebetterhalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhour View Post
yup go ahead - 1st stop Manolo Blahnik on W54th followed by a quick whizz into Jimmy Choo, across Madison and into Saks & Bergdorf Goodman - lunch, downtown to Century 21, cocktails at the Peninsula Piano Bar, - 0h & then I guess we might do some work - does this sound too taxing for you....? If so, we could leave out the "work" bit.
So my kind of girl!!!!

Do you know my parents treated me to a gorgeous pair of Jimmy Choo couture shoes for my wedding day. They were fitted by the man himself!
Old 21-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

ah TBH what heaven, what a dream - must've been better than you know what!

PLEASE NOTE :

Old 21-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

whenever I'm asked what my dream job would be it's always a close call between a Belgian chocolate tester, or a Manolo Blahnik shoe sampler.

PLEASE NOTE :

Old 21-06-2007, 03:43 PM
thebetterhalf

now that is a close call.....

Maybe chocolate taster that get to be taken to nice bars for business in gorgeous shoes! That might be mine, but drink would have to fit in somewhere!