Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Breaking News
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 30-07-2007, 01:18 PM

Belibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to all
Default Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan has had his case dismissed but, intends to appeal to the high court:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...277759,00.html

Please do not be offended if I have to edit out derogatory words or statements from your posts. Sometimes, this is necessary to protect the poster and the site from retaliatory action

Old 30-07-2007, 03:07 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

It was always one of the more extreme claims and good luck if he won, but you never know what will happen on appeal.
Old 30-07-2007, 04:36 PM

Lefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of light

Quite DL & is it a coincidence that the judgment appears only hours after the OFT announce their court action.
Old 30-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

happyhour has disabled reputation

Not sure about the appeal???

Last Updated: Monday, 30 July 2007, 12:09 GMT 13:09 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version
Bank charges claim is turned down

Tom Brennan wanted banks to justify their charges

A bank customer has failed in his bid to force NatWest bank to justify its unauthorised overdraft charges.
Newly-qualified barrister Tom Brennan had asked the court for permission to sue the NatWest for damages, over what he claims are "unfair" bank charges. Victory for Mr Brennan would have forced a bank, for the first time, to justify its fees in court. However, City of London court turned Mr Brennan's application down and refused him the right to appeal the decision.

PLEASE NOTE :

I am always happy to give my time, advice and support without prejudice and based only on my own experience and knowledge, however, you must seek legal counsel if you are at all unsure of your claim......

Please do not publish my posts elsewhere without my express permission beforehand. Thank you!
Old 30-07-2007, 08:32 PM

TUTTSI will become famous soon enough

I heard on the Radio when they anounced it that he could not appeal!
ds
Old 30-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Assistant Moderator

editorholte is just really niceeditorholte is just really niceeditorholte is just really niceeditorholte is just really niceeditorholte is just really nice

The nugget Judge didn't give leave for appeal, but he can go high court and above for an appeal so all is not lost.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:19 AM

Perseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to all

Given the public profile this case has achieved, and the support he has - I'd be extremely shocked if it were not appealled at some level.
I do still believe he will win his day at a court somewhere, sometime - but as posted above, is extremely coincedental on the timing!!!!!!!!
Any advice or guidance given by Perseus or Consumer Credit Support is provided without prejudice, and is based on personal experience only. Please seek professional legal assistance to clarify your particular case. Thank you.

If we've helped in recovering bank charges, please help us keep this site alive for others by donating.

sedit qui timuit ne non succederet.
He who feared he would not succeed, sat still.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:37 AM

nattie will become famous soon enoughnattie will become famous soon enough

My understanding is that Tom Brennan WILL be appealing. The judgement was laughable and that no costs were awarded against him. The timing was just that coincidental but there maybe holes in the whole judgement.
THe Tom Brennan Case has not finished yet.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:40 AM

Perseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to all

Good to hear it - there's a lot riding on it for a lot of people!
Any advice or guidance given by Perseus or Consumer Credit Support is provided without prejudice, and is based on personal experience only. Please seek professional legal assistance to clarify your particular case. Thank you.

If we've helped in recovering bank charges, please help us keep this site alive for others by donating.

sedit qui timuit ne non succederet.
He who feared he would not succeed, sat still.
Old 31-07-2007, 11:01 AM

HONESTLY is on a distinguished road

I am doing something similar but do not want to air it until somthing solid happens. As you are aware when i post anything i always post a link to the paperwork as soon as it is available.