Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Have Your Say
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009, 02:15 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation
Default Dvla

Why is nothing easy?

The last job to do since Kent died iss to change the ownership of his car. I decided today was the day to do it. Simple ? No way. I rang the DVLA and after hours of dialling, all the liones are busy the computerised voice informed me, I finally got through a nice gentleman Alex. I went through the usual rigmorole of press 1 then press another number, to have to press another number and then press another number, then finally Alex just as I was giving up the will to live.

I introduced myself, gave him the car registration number and explained things to him. It was all fine until I mentioned the current disc was a Disability Disc. Alex asked if I was entitled to one of these, I explained no I wasn't. yes I have a current MOT, insurance in my name and yes I do have the logbook paperwork and yes kent had signed the paperwork for transfer of ownership, he did this the Saturday before he died. No, you can't go top the local post office to do this, you have to go to the DVLA office in Peterborough and take all the paperwork with you and you need a VT10 as well and 150.00 to tax the car. Umm, are you sure I can't do this at the post office? No, as the ownership is changing and you need a different tax disc, it is Peterborough. I started this exercise at 9am this morning, it is now 3.10pm, so too late to go to Peterborough now, so tomorrow, I am taking a train ride to do the deed. Guess I am having an unplanned day out to see a big city and part with train fare and 150.00.

Why not drive it? You have to be kidding, my luck and the A14, I think not.

Old Dragon's don't have an easy time of it.