Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Have Your Say
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2009, 10:21 AM

Kel123 is on a distinguished road
Default St Georges Day Parade

I live in the West Bromwich Area!

I am an Englishman and proud of it!

We have to live with many people with differring opinions. Ufortuneately there are those amongst us that want to use St Georges Day for their own propaganda. I would love to celabrate St Georges Day to applaud our depth of culture, Knowledge and understanding.

I know many people who attend this parade, Some like me but some that are rasist and only want to stair unrest. It hurts me to know that I cannot celabrate because I will be playing into the hands of the bigot.

Who do the organisers think they are kidding, this parade is to England like Gerbals was to Hitler. It should be stopped! Have the concerts etc and I will attend but I will not march along side bigots, activists and rasists.

Kel

needed to get this off my chest
Old 03-03-2009, 10:47 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Good one you Kel. St George's Day should be to celebrate England's special day, as the irish celebrate St. patricks Day. I was so surprised that this day is not a bank holiday and is not used to promote English heritage. It should not be an opportunity for racists and the rest to air their views. Yes diversity is one thing, but extremism is not the way to go.

Kel get the like minded in your area and approach your local council about this. bet they say they allow this because of diversification, but I think they should really look at what the local voters want and feel.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:05 AM

I actually come from Tipton (still in Sandwell) and it is known for it's extreamisum, talaban and national front. but these are the minority that taint the cream. Unfortuneately these are also the ones that shout the loudest and spoil it for the rest. They actually deserve each other!

To add insult to injury I am also a West Bromwich Albion supporter so add this to my debts and i'm in a really bad mood (just hoping tonight isn't double figures)
Old 03-03-2009, 11:24 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Kel, you win some, you lose some....
Old 03-03-2009, 11:10 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel123 View Post
I actually come from Tipton (still in Sandwell) and it is known for it's extreamisum, talaban and national front. but these are the minority that taint the cream. Unfortuneately these are also the ones that shout the loudest and spoil it for the rest. They actually deserve each other!

To add insult to injury I am also a West Bromwich Albion supporter so add this to my debts and i'm in a really bad mood (just hoping tonight isn't double figures)
So your the other WBA supporter that is crying every week alongside my brother in law

I actually know your neck of the woods very well Kel ( I grew up in the Brierley Hill area) and I have to agree that some of the population know nothing but extremism.

I'll say this now I am not racist, and I had 'coloured' friends as a child almost 50 years ago, BUT, it really is time we started celebrating our own nationality, and more to the point being allowed to celibrate it without a government that seems determined to stamp out the Englishness among us.

I am reminded of a statement that Michael Richards (Kramer in the US tv series Seinfeld) made in court during a trial against him after he was accused of racism in his stage act, I wont repeat it all here unless asked to do so, but he made the point that the white man is no longer allowed to be proud of his colour, religion or race while civil pride is encouraged among the minority groups.

St Georges day is nothing to do with race, colour or religion. It is a simple celebration of the courage and heroics that the British have produced during times of need. It should be a public holiday and celibrations encouraged. The tendancy of political groups to hijack it for their own ends should be stamped out once and for all.

In my experience very few genuine English are racist, we have a tolerance which encompases all races, however we are slowly being pushed down that road as the foundations of our heritage are slowly ground down by the government and 'do-gooders'. Progressive actions by authorities are having the opposite affect to what was planned.

I'm afraid I hold the Aussie belief that it's our country and migrants should adopt to our ways of doing things or go elsewhere. We should not be denying british history, religion and citizens their hard won freedoms just because it might upset a few migrants.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details

Last edited by Tamadus : 03-03-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:39 AM

Belstar is on a distinguished road

As a black person from Wolverhampton (what a small world - and I won't upset you Kel by saying Villa are my no1 team and Wolves are my second........ouch) I couldn't agree more.

I am british through and through - I believe that you can be British whatever colour you are....it's how you feel and act in the country that you live in - and it does annoy me that my son cannot celebrate Christmas or have a nativity play because it MIGHT upset the 1 or 2 children who's religion is not christianity.

Kel when we viewed our house our neighbour has a St Georges flag and a Union Jack on a flagpole and I admit my first thought was 'if we move in are we going to get abuse' I'm glad I overcame my stupidity as he is the best neighbour anyone could ever wish for.

I think back to my business trips to the US and no-one ever calls the Yanks racist for having the stars & strips on their houses - only patriotic, it should be the same here.

We should not be afraid or ashamed to love our country or to openly show that we do and it is a crying shame that some minorities use our flag for political gains. There is a very fine line unfortuneatly and I believe the only way to get around that is for the Government to 'take' St Georges Day back from the bigots, make it a bank holiday and state why they are doing it, what St George really stood for and show some pride in it.

That way, it will allow the 'real' British public to walk with their heads up high withought worrying what other people will think.

Bel

Last edited by Belstar : 04-03-2009 at 07:51 AM. Reason: hadn't finished - pressed the wrong button!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:29 AM

Nice one Belstar

It is just a pitty that you are half a dingle and we will not be playing iether of your teams next year
Old 04-03-2009, 04:44 PM

Belstar is on a distinguished road

half a dingle!! That's what I call the bits of poo that hang off my dogs bottom!!

You Baggies must learn to stop boinging too much and at least stop when you are in the premiership.

No doubt see you back in 2010!

PS. Don't you dare bring the Blue Noses back with you!