Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Moderator Questions
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 29-03-2008, 07:32 PM

Whistleblower is on a distinguished road
Default Managing registration

Hi guys - hope all is going well with the forum.

Not sure if you are having any issues with new rogue members with your forum, and I have no experience with the 'manage members- registrations' admin centre control with Vbulletin forums. My forum is with Invision.

However when I first set up my forum there were loads of bad registration joining with .ru email ads. They were a pain the the bum if I was honest! everyone I had to ban.

Within invision admin control i am able to ban these .ru addresses. The problem stopped over night. Below is the list of banned email adds that i have in my forum. If you have this feature I would insert them ASAP. They simply cannot register on your forum then.

*@list.ru 15th July 2007 - 01:47 PM
*@mail.ru 15th July 2007 - 01:46 PM
*@inbox.ru 15th July 2007 - 01:46 PM
*@bk.ru 15th July 2007 - 01:43 PM
*@gawab.com 15th July 2007 - 01:42 PM
@bk.ru 15th July 2007 - 10:14 AM
ru 14th July 2007 - 09:59 AM
.ru

If you have done this already - or not having any issues - please tell me to shut up lol!

Best wishes and continued success,

Whistleblower.
Direct email: admin@saynotoyes.co.uk

Last edited by Whistleblower : 29-03-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 29-03-2008, 09:32 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistleblower View Post
Hi guys - hope all is going well with the forum.

Not sure if you are having any issues with new rogue members with your forum, and I have no experience with the 'manage members- registrations' admin centre control with Vbulletin forums. My forum is with Invision.

However when I first set up my forum there were loads of bad registration joining with .ru email ads. They were a pain the the bum if I was honest! everyone I had to ban.

Within invision admin control i am able to ban these .ru addresses. The problem stopped over night. Below is the list of banned email adds that i have in my forum. If you have this feature I would insert them ASAP. They simply cannot register on your forum then.

*@list.ru 15th July 2007 - 01:47 PM
*@mail.ru 15th July 2007 - 01:46 PM
*@inbox.ru 15th July 2007 - 01:46 PM
*@bk.ru 15th July 2007 - 01:43 PM
*@gawab.com 15th July 2007 - 01:42 PM
@bk.ru 15th July 2007 - 10:14 AM
ru 14th July 2007 - 09:59 AM
.ru

If you have done this already - or not having any issues - please tell me to shut up lol!

Best wishes and continued success,

Whistleblower.
Direct email: admin@saynotoyes.co.uk
In the nicest possible way whistleblower, shutup

Vbulletin does allow email addresses to be banned and most if not all of those you have listed are already banned.

My biggest problem at the moment is from china so slowly working through chinese equivalents. Wish I could ban an entire timezone lol.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 29-03-2008, 10:16 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Whistleblower, I am becoming an expert with the IP addies of would be spammers, they are generally gone within a few minutes of trying to join, if I am on line.

Our Mods are good at picking up suspect wannabe members also, so between the lot of us, we are on to it

If it wasn't for the wannbe's Tam would have a very boring life...

Last edited by Dragonlady : 30-03-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 29-03-2008, 11:10 PM

Whistleblower is on a distinguished road

*Back to my own forum then* I was only trying to help.
Old 29-03-2008, 11:30 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistleblower View Post
*Back to my own forum then* I was only trying to help.
lmao whistleblower, thanks for the suggestion but we already have it covered

Any more will be gratefully acknowledged especially if I haven't already found it
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details