Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > OFT Test Case
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 14-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Assistant Moderator

TANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of light
Default STAYED CLAIMS AN IDEA - Please post County Court addresses

Hi all,

I have been thinking about the fact that Banks have been writing to the County Courts requesting a blanket stay on Bank penalty charges claims and thought well why wait until cases are stayed before contacting the courts. I think that sites such as this should make their feelings about this fully known to the courts and one such court Coventry has I have heard written to the Banks in response to their request for all claims to be stayed and made the banks fully aware that each claim will be judged on its own merits on an individual basis. This is how the process should work and if our Banks apply for stays then it should be done individually, allowing us to then apply for these stays to be removed.

I therefore thought it would be useful if on behalf of the members of this site we should write to the courts experessing our concerns prior to cases being stayed a strong letter outlining our reasons for not accepting the blanket staying of claims may do the trick.

So this thread is really to discuss the possibility of CCS joining forces with other sites to:

a) develop a standard template letter to be sent to each court we have details of posted by our members.

b) to allow members somewhere to post details of the County Court they are using including the address of it.

I am open for this idea to be discussed and if its thought to be a good one then fine, if its thought it woulod be to much of a chore then perhaps if a templated letter with logos from the various site was placed in the library we could post somewhere the courts that these have been sent to so we dont repeat the process.

I will kick off the process with the details of my local county court.

The Court Manager
Worcester County Court
The Shirehall
Foregate Street
Worcester
WR11EQ

Any thoughts, please discuss?

Tanz

Last edited by TANZARELLI : 14-08-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 14-08-2007, 06:42 PM

Cornucopia is a name known to allCornucopia is a name known to allCornucopia is a name known to allCornucopia is a name known to allCornucopia is a name known to allCornucopia is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANZARELLI View Post
Hi all,

I have been thinking about the fact that Banks have been writing to the County Courts requesting a blanket stay on Bank penalty charges claims and thought well why wait until cases are stayed before contacting the courts. I think that sites such as this should make their feelings about this fully known to the courts and one such court Coventry has I have heard written to the Banks in response to their request for all claims to be stayed and made the banks fully aware that each claim will be judged on its own merits on an individual basis. This is how the process should work and if our Banks apply for stays then it should be done individually, allowing us to then apply for these stays to be removed.

I therefore thought it would be useful if on behalf of the members of this site we should write to the courts experessing our concerns prior to cases being stayed a strong letter outlining our reasons for not accepting the blanket staying of claims may do the trick.

So this thread is really to discuss the possibility of CCS joining forces with other sites to:

a) develop a standard template letter to be sent to each court we have details of posted by our members.

b) to allow members somewhere to post details of the County Court they are using including the address of it.

I am open for this idea to be discussed and if its thought to be a good one then fine, if its thought it woulod be to much of a chore then perhaps if a templated letter with logos from the various site was placed in the library we could post somewhere the courts that these have been sent to so we dont repeat the process.

I will kick off the process with the details of my local county court.

The Court Manager
Worcester County Court
The Shirehall
Foregate Street
Worcester
WR11EQ

Any thoughts, please discuss?

Tanz
Tanz, I think this is an excellent idea and something we should all do. I will be bringing aboard a couple of test cases in the coming weeks/months, one has to at least try and I think if enough people were to bring their opinions and reasonable arguments to the Courts, then there will have to be a change in advice by the FOS/FSA.

I am slap bang in the middle of Hitchin and Hertford County Courts so will post up details of both as soon as I have them.

Regards,

Corn x
Old 14-08-2007, 06:57 PM

tink69 is on a distinguished road

No bank should be allowed to stay any case, there has already been a test case up north, how many "test" cases can they possibly need:

So Tanz, bloody good idea, here's my local one:

Huntingdon County Court
Godwin House
George Road
Huntingdon
PE29 3BD
Old 14-08-2007, 09:50 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Add this one:

Telford County Court
Telford Square
Malinsgate,
Town Centre
Telford TF3 4JP

An excellent idea Tanz and you geta gold star for it
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 14-08-2007, 10:01 PM

Cornucopia is a name known to allCornucopia is a name known to allCornucopia is a name known to allCornucopia is a name known to allCornucopia is a name known to allCornucopia is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink69 View Post
No bank should be allowed to stay any case, there has already been a test case up north, how many "test" cases can they possibly need:

So Tanz, bloody good idea, here's my local one:

Huntingdon County Court
Godwin House
George Road
Huntingdon
PE29 3BD
Tink! You're a local (well almost!), we love Huntingdon County Court, the best of Judges there!

Regards,

Corn x
Old 14-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Assistant Moderator

TANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
Tink! You're a local (well almost!), we love Huntingdon County Court, the best of Judges there!

Regards,

Corn x

Not if they are blanket staying claims lol
Old 14-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Assistant Moderator

Court Addresses posted to date: Also http://www.netlawman.co.uk/county-courts.php Cheers Pers & http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/ Cheers m55dlc

The Court Manager
Worcester County Court
The Shirehall
Foregate Street
Worcester
WR11EQ
Huntingdon County Court
Godwin House
George Road
Huntingdon
PE29 3BD
Telford County Court
Telford Square
Malinsgate,
Town Centre
Telford TF3 4JP
Hitchin County Court
Park House
1-12 Old Park Road
Hitchin
Hertfordshire
SG5 2JR
Hertford County Court
4th Floor
Sovereign House
Hale Road
Hertford
Hertfordshire
SG13 8DY
Ashford County Court
Ground Floor
the Court House
Tufton Street
Ashford Kent
TN23 1QQ
Cardiff County Court
Cardiff Civil Justice Centre,
2 Park Street
Cardiff
CF10 1ET
Kingston-upon-Hull County Court
Combined Court Centre
Lowgate
Kingston-upon-Hull
HU1 2EZ
York County Court
Piccadilly House
55 Piccadilly
York
YO1 9WL
Lincoln County Court
360 High Street
Lincoln
LN5 7PS

Last edited by TANZARELLI : 15-08-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 14-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Assistant Moderator

Any ideas of how to progress this ie content of letter and how to include other sites to give us a bigger voice?
Old 14-08-2007, 10:54 PM

Moneyhelp is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

My local court:

Hitchin County Court
Park House
1-12 Old Park Road
Hitchin
Hertfordshire
SG5 2JR
Mercers - Ongoing
Barclaycard - Ongoing
Yorkshire Bank - Ongoing
Old 14-08-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANZARELLI View Post
Not if they are blanket staying claims lol

LOL!!!! Am not sure about that, but would be surprised by Judge B, he is very good! You'd have to ask Dragonlady about that..............!

Regarding the letter, I am pretty good at composing a letter (if I say so myself, hope I am not bigging myself up here), however, it would help if you could post up a skeleton and I will do my best, or at least, we can all contribute and put it together.

I might also suggest that this is moved out of sight..........any thoughts?