Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > OFT Test Case
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 27-09-2007, 10:41 AM

Belibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to all

All I can say is that the subject of the granting/removal of stays by the courts seem very subjective at the moment. We have seen that it is possible to get them lifted and we have also seen judges who are prepared to issue interim relief in the form of instrcting the banks not to impose charges whilst the case is ongoing.

We just have to keep challenging, keep asking for alternatives and try to make the requests as individual as possible, concentrating on the common law position rather than the UTCCR wherever possible.

We know that in the majority of cases the stay will remain in place and some judges will say that their hands are tied. Nevertheless, I am not sure that this situation will remain static especially if it looks like the OFT are going to drop the case.

Please do not be offended if I have to edit out derogatory words or statements from your posts. Sometimes, this is necessary to protect the poster and the site from retaliatory action

Old 27-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Assistant Moderator

Jster$$$ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANZARELLI View Post
Well that is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. If thats all he asked then what was the point in him going.

Have you a link to where this is from ie the thread it was posted on jster?

hi tanz

it came through on their weekly email.
Old 27-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Assistant Moderator

TANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jster$$$ View Post
hi tanz

it came through on their weekly email.
Oh right cheers.
Old 27-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

HHhhhhmm either hes realised hes only small fry and hes not going to make a blind bit of difference, or they all rolled over and none fell out..so he got his head down.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:10 PM

courtness is on a distinguished road

Hi - is there any news on this case? - when will it be decided etc., I have had new tariffs sent to me by my bank - now calling their penalties 'Notified Charges' - as if that makes it OK to hike them up to 50 and 75 a throw!
thanks

and don't we know it![/i]
[/font][/SIZE[/size]]
Old 03-03-2008, 10:03 PM

Belibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to allBelibaste is a name known to all

The judge was unable to give any timescales I am afraid Courtness.

Please do not be offended if I have to edit out derogatory words or statements from your posts. Sometimes, this is necessary to protect the poster and the site from retaliatory action