Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Housing > Housing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2008, 02:43 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

It certainly would be, especially as the tenant has right to peaceful occupancy.

The lnadlord has to stick to the rules.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:28 PM

maybelline is on a distinguished road

so if I have understood it correctly, a fixed shorthold tenancy gives notice as the date is fixed on the agreement e.g. xx date to xx date, then this expires and if you continue on a weekly basis this becomes a periodic tenancy in which two weeks written notice is required, grounds are not needed if a main term is broken but a court order is required, however, no written notice will mean the court will not order possession as this is a legal requirement first?
Old 08-09-2008, 05:40 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

That is the way I read it. I hope Term comes on soon, as this is his area of expertise
Old 08-09-2008, 08:11 PM

yes, I have pm'd Term

reading further, I cannot find seeking possession without giving any notice and without mandatory grounds being ok action.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybelline View Post
yes, I have pm'd Term

reading further, I cannot find seeking possession without giving any notice and without mandatory grounds being ok action.

That is a no no he has to issue a certian written notice that would give her 1 month "`i think", I see this querie a lot, on another forum i use for tenancey stuff, it seems to me like he needs to back off, or you may have him in court

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 08-09-2008, 09:51 PM

yeah - what kind of landlord puts a young lady on to the street hundreds of miles from their home town - what a shame, such behaviour, I am soooo cross about this landlord
Old 09-09-2008, 08:41 AM

Default notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybelline View Post
so if I have understood it correctly, a fixed shorthold tenancy gives notice as the date is fixed on the agreement e.g. xx date to xx date, then this expires and if you continue on a weekly basis this becomes a periodic tenancy in which two weeks written notice is required, grounds are not needed if a main term is broken but a court order is required, however, no written notice will mean the court will not order possession as this is a legal requirement first?
so confused about amount of notice now - 2 wks or 2 months? is it 2 wks if a mandatory term is broken e.g. rent arrears but only if it has gone over 8 wks (of arrears between certain points) and 2 months if not broken terms?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Assistant Moderator

TANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of light

I still have a score to settle with an old landlord, he kicked my pregnant misses unborn child and myself out 2 months prior to her giving birth then withheld deposit.

Reading this has just reminded me that I need to get the ball rolling on that one. Will chip in as and when I can maybelline.

Tanz
Old 09-09-2008, 09:07 AM

thanks Tanz, I thought the bad old days of landlords being able to chuck people on to the street were over but they have all kinds of underground tactics now
making fortunes of vulnerable folk IMO. there are no doubt good landlords out there who respect the rights of the tenants, keep up the repairs and so on and provide a good service to the tenant. sadly I have not met them. how awful for your family to have gone through that.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Assistant Moderator

TANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of light

Um I might start a thread on this now watch that space lol.