Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Housing > Housing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 29-04-2008, 10:19 AM

TaboraTabora is on a distinguished road
Default Hyden Properties Ltd TA Hyden Lettings

I was made aware of this site by my nephew when i informed him of the money/ rent the above letting agents owe me. Hyden Properties Ltd., trading as hyden Lettings, operated from 6 Sherwood House, Walderslade,Chatham, until the beginning of april this year. They moved to Kentspace Business Centre,6/8 Revenge Road, Lordswood, Chatham in early April.
Three of my properties were let through them. Rent was being collected by Hyden Lettings from the prospective tenants. Hoever,as from January 2008, Hyden Lettings were failing to pass the rentals on to me. I persued them on a regularl basis regarding the arrears. After being given numerous excuses, i.e. problems with banking etc, I gave them an ultimatum of seven days to clear the arrears, failing which I would take legal action - please see above for eventual result.
Old 29-04-2008, 10:32 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Welcome TaboraTabora.

I will leave this post here for the moment, we will move it to a Forum for naughty letting agents and the like when we set it up.

If you don';t get a response from this Agency will you be going in the Bailiffs or will you be seeking bankruptcy?

I presume you have reported this Agency to ARLA, if they are members of this association?
Old 29-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Tabora "Rightmove" were on Watchdog for exactly the same reason last month it may be worth having a google to see of any outcome/outstanding cases and tips from that issue.

and Welcome aboard

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 29-04-2008, 04:14 PM

HONESTLY is on a distinguished road

Hi just watching this with interest as it seems it is going the same way as my jbw thing was going.
Old 29-04-2008, 09:56 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

I would definitely send the baillifs along to pay them a visit.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 30-04-2008, 12:24 AM

HONESTLY is on a distinguished road

So what is happening ?

Last edited by HONESTLY : 13-05-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:49 PM

Kingjimbo is on a distinguished road

Very interesting to read your issues with Hyden Lettings as I am having exactly the same problem with this company (starngely form January as well!). Luckly I have only the one property with them but like yourself I have been given the usual excuses (banking and an employee being ill in hospital) as well as finding it impossible to get them on the phone (you always get an answering machine!!

Shall be interesting to see if you recieve your money in full as they will be getting another Legal Notice in the post soon but form me!
Old 13-05-2008, 10:09 AM

Kingjimbo,

I trust you are not the same fellow who owns a property company in Cork.

I feel I need to post this as several of our members have made comments on the similarities of nom de plume and you post on this particular thread.

Please tell us we are wrong.
Old 15-05-2008, 07:47 AM

Kingjimbo, please accept my apologies. I have replied to your PM.

Members who were worried about your non de plume would be very surprised if they knew the true position.

Please post up when you are ready.

I will start a Forum for Hyden Properties, under Housing We do have a residential letting expert on the Mod Team, so you might get some unexpected help with your BIG problem.

Last edited by Dragonlady : 15-05-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 15-05-2008, 09:52 PM

jaykb is on a distinguished road
Default Hyden Lettings

Dear TaboraTabora / anyone else that can give me any advice please....

I am in a similar position, continually getting "fobbed off" by Hyden Lettings/Hyden Properties - we are owed two months rent on our rental property. Now I can't even get through to them - just their answerphone message. I have also visited their new so called "office", but not surprisingly the office was not manned.

I was going also going to file a county court claim - but after speaking to citizens advice (I didn't know who else to contact) I am now unsure if it would be worthwhile. [I have written Hyden another letter today requesting my money but after reading your post I think I know that it wont get a response!] Can you please let me know if they have paid you yet following your claim?

I have no idea what I should do now, I would very much appreciate any suggestions from you or anyone else,

I do not know

(1) How do I stand with my tenant?
(2) Is my contract with Hyden now ended following their breach of contract?
(3) Would my tenants deposit be safe?
(4) If I should get a new agreement with the tenant directly?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated, we only have this one rental and we have only ever rented via Hyden (formerly Team - for just over a year).

Thanks,