Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Housing > Housing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 31-03-2008, 03:13 PM

Lefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of light

On the otherhand seeing as the local authrority was the vendor & would have carried out such work themselves - it may be a case of Caveat venditor Let the Seller beware
Old 31-03-2008, 03:27 PM

di30 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
On the otherhand seeing as the local authrority was the vendor & would have carried out such work themselves - it may be a case of Caveat venditor Let the Seller beware

Hmm.....shall I see what the outcome of this will be for tomorrow and let you know what they say ?
Just need a bit of guidance really where to take it from there, but to be honest it doesn't look too promising on the records side of things not when they informed me on the phone the last time I spoken to them that they only have information going back to 4 years......

I will let ya know and thanks so much I appreciate all your feedback..

Cheers.
Di.
Old 31-03-2008, 04:21 PM

Lefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of light

Yes - can't wait
Old 31-03-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Yes - can't wait
lol, that's if they keep their word and get back to me, but will be reasonable and give them a chance and if not heard anything by late afternoon then I will be on the blower.
I think that's fair, what do ya think ?
Old 31-03-2008, 10:14 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

hmmm interesting conundrum here.

Terminator is our resident Council expert so pay attention to him Di.

Part P certification didn't come into effect until 2005 so any work done before that date isn't covered by it.

Now the date that fuse panel was replaced is important, also is it a fuse panel or does it have re-settable trip switches? I would expect any competent electrician replacing a fuse panel/consumer unit to do a full insulation test and notice aging cables.

A basic house buyers survey probably wouldn't show up electrical faults other than blown bulbs or faulty switches.

Lefty is refering to the solicitor or legal firm that handled the legal side of things when he mentions conveyacing.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 01-04-2008, 10:38 AM

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I have just checked out the fuse box and which is based in an understairs cupboard where you basically have to crawl to get to it, but there are no dates whatsoever on the unit, and its just the unit with several switches such as for each room, with a trip switch based on the side.

As I mentioned in our earlier post, we moved in, in 2001 and had 2 days to do so where this is what they had added as informed.

Now regarding our solicitors what particulars should we have due to this when we purchased in 2003 ?
Thanks.

Di.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamadus View Post
hmmm interesting conundrum here.

Terminator is our resident Council expert so pay attention to him Di.

Part P certification didn't come into effect until 2005 so any work done before that date isn't covered by it.

Now the date that fuse panel was replaced is important, also is it a fuse panel or does it have re-settable trip switches? I would expect any competent electrician replacing a fuse panel/consumer unit to do a full insulation test and notice aging cables.

A basic house buyers survey probably wouldn't show up electrical faults other than blown bulbs or faulty switches.

Lefty is refering to the solicitor or legal firm that handled the legal side of things when he mentions conveyacing.
I'm not referring to Part P Certification which is now a statutory requirement. I'm referring to insurance certification which any competent tradesman will have & should have been asked for
Old 01-04-2008, 01:13 PM

Okay and thanks.

I have not heard anything yet as promised from the council.
They close here approx 5 - 5:30 pm so will give a bit of time, will get back to you as soon as I hear.

Cheers
Di.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:02 PM

Right no phone call or emails today from the council as promised.

I left a message where I was informed someone would get back to me and rang a few times and left emails.
Perhaps the emails are slow getting to me I don't know but will check again tomorrow and ring again otherwise.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:44 PM

Received a phone call yesterday with apologies due to them going over the deadline of 20 working statutory days.
They informed me because of the office move they had to wait for the files to come through.

Should know something by tomorrow, hopefully anyway.

Will post as soon as I hear.