Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Housing > Housing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2008, 11:42 AM

birchave will become famous soon enough
Default How you get rid of a non paying tenant???

Right this one is for my friend!

She has a flat which she rents out to a former friend.

He was on benefit and receiving housing benefit from when he moved in last year.

He signed a tenancy agreement containing the usual bumf, ie, you must pay the rent,etc.

Now three months away she received a letter from the civic centre informing her that she would not be receiving anymore housing benefit, but no explanation why.

When she spoke to them they told her that he is no longer living there (he told then he had moved) so that is why they have not paid her rent.
The thing is he is still there.

He won't answer his phone when she calls, he has refused her entry to the flat and she has no had no rent for three months. She also now has no key so she can't get in.

They fell out last year and he has been a complete B****** to her since!

He has told a friend that this is pay back time because she refused to give money back from his rent last year, long story!

So the top and bottom of the question is how does she get him out????

He has broken two of the terms of his agreement by 1. not paying the rent, and 2. refusing her entry to inspect the property even when pre arranged.

Any help here guys would be great, she is a lovely girl but can't cope with situations like this, he is driving her around the twist!

cheers

Birch
x
Old 04-07-2008, 01:27 PM

maybelline is on a distinguished road

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...sponsibilities

hope there is something on here that is useful!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Look up landlord zone it a big site and covers a lot of good info.
I would have thought if he has informed everyone he has moved out to the exstent that housing benefit and all bills have ceased to belong to him, then he doesn't actually live there anymore???, not sure its legal but i would be in there sorting him out surely if hes advised hes moved then hes moved?? how were you to know he hadn't when you started to remove his left belongings

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 04-07-2008, 10:04 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

This is one for our resident expert Terminator, but I suspect she will have to start proceedings for eviction as effectively he is now a squater
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 05-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamadus View Post
squater
needs squatting with a size 10 did i say that.??

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change