Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Media Coverage
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2008, 10:22 AM

tink69 is on a distinguished road

I expected better from Panorama, that programme was completely inaccurate and totally full of twaddle.

Not once was it pointed out to the likes of that idiot "grizzly bear" that if the credit companies did their job properly in the first place then none of this would have come about in the first place, they are just whining that the consumer has finally bitten back after years and years of being beaten with a b l o o d y big stick that is; we are the bank, we are right, we will do what we want, we will take what we want and you can do nothing.

Highly disappointing
Old 11-11-2008, 12:01 PM

eddieriff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDarcy View Post
I have to say i am Very Disappointed with the Sanitised version of what we all know goes on far too often.

So the OFT consider the 'hounding' comment on the DCAs website to be unfair.. yes when Panorama gets involved they do. Bet when a consumer makes the same comment they wouldn't get that response from the OFT though!

When there is no media coverage there is no protection to the consumer from harassment or bullying.

Oh First Credit are 'retraining their staff' eh? Well, thank goodness for that!

It was the tip of the iceberg. The BBC have made a lacklustre program and the Panorama team should know better.
Couldn't agree more. The Beeb could have had them by the short and curlies.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
I have already been in touch with Panorama with my comments on the programme.
Negative comments I trust DL.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:17 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieriff View Post
Negative comments I trust DL.
Let's put it this way I think they were more subjective than objective
Old 11-11-2008, 12:25 PM

Yaff is on a distinguished road

On seeing last nights programme it did make me panic somewhat, i know lenders go for charging orders but i honestly didn't think they would go to such lengths such as force of sale especially if the debt was disputed. I note they seemed to be focusing on people that simply cant or wont pay and didn't highlight what a creditor can and cant do when the debt is disputed.

It seemed to me that programme was literally trying to frighten people into not taking the banks on, not once did it mention that the charging order / force of sale is not so easily obtained if there is a genuine dispute, they made it sound like it was something easily obtained by the creditor. Unless i am seriously mistaken i didn't think this was the case?

Oh and that couple what a pair of plonkers, they actually thought it was all a big joke! I mean shall we all dispute our debts just because its our legal right? I certainly dont agree, i disputed mine 1. because i couldn't pay and 2. my legal right has fortunately made the whole situation a bit easier for me. But i cant imagaine anyone doing it on legal right alone. The judge was right they were taking the p**s!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:44 PM

birchave will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaff View Post
On seeing last nights programme it did make me panic somewhat, i know lenders go for charging orders but i honestly didn't think they would go to such lengths such as force of sale especially if the debt was disputed. I note they seemed to be focusing on people that simply cant or wont pay and didn't highlight what a creditor can and cant do when the debt is disputed.

It seemed to me that programme was literally trying to frighten people into not taking the banks on, not once did it mention that the charging order / force of sale is not so easily obtained if there is a genuine dispute, they made it sound like it was something easily obtained by the creditor. Unless i am seriously mistaken i didn't think this was the case?

Oh and that couple what a pair of plonkers, they actually thought it was all a big joke! I mean shall we all dispute our debts just because its our legal right? I certainly dont agree, i disputed mine 1. because i couldn't pay and 2. my legal right has fortunately made the whole situation a bit easier for me. But i cant imagaine anyone doing it on legal right alone. The judge was right they were taking the p**s!
Could agree more, my five accounts all have disputes going on, why should I pay anything until they provide the information I have requested? This is my "Legal right", however it is no ones "Legal right" not to pay just because they don't want to.

The Rankins just make the general public think that all genuine cusumers who challange the banks are like this. I'm sure everyone will agree that is the last thing we want........

However I just wish that bear would give me a ring, I'd love to send him running for his mammy!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:56 PM

Yaff is on a distinguished road

I was gobsmaked that grissly bear was allowed to sit there and openly say he would hound customers for money, who on earth does he think he is and what are the BBC playing at airing and condoing threatening behaviour!

I class to chase, urge or pursue as theatening, he was threatening everyone that watched that programme.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchave View Post
Could agree more, my five accounts all have disputes going on, why should I pay anything until they provide the information I have requested? This is my "Legal right", however it is no ones "Legal right" not to pay just because they don't want to.

The Rankins just make the general public think that all genuine cusumers who challange the banks are like this. I'm sure everyone will agree that is the last thing we want........

However I just wish that bear would give me a ring, I'd love to send him running for his mammy!!!!

Let's send him down to the Bigg Market!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:09 PM

birchave will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieriff View Post
Let's send him down to the Bigg Market!!!!
LMAO!!!!! I'm sure he would ended up being hounded, by some "Gatesheed Charvas"!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:21 PM

sparkie1723 has a spectacular aura aboutsparkie1723 has a spectacular aura about

I've taken on board all folks comments. All I've got to say I thought the programme was a complete waste of the TV signal....disappointing is not the word for it...................I say no more..

sparkie