Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Media Coverage
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2008, 09:32 PM

Paulwlton will become famous soon enoughPaulwlton will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybelline View Post
so can charges of 12 on credit cards be reclaimed?
Yes, all the charges i claimed back were for 12.00, Barclaycard even paid me the 8% interest.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Assistant Moderator

TANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulwlton View Post
Yes, all the charges i claimed back were for 12.00, Barclaycard even paid me the 8% interest.
Well done for getting the thread back on topic Paul lol.

Can you be a bit more descriptive about the programme on channel 5 as I missed it. Would like to see it if you can get a link to it or something. If not what was it about?

Tanz
Old 02-05-2008, 07:47 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

I claimed mine back and got it refunded. I proved that the payment went out of my bank out well before the due date, it was their system which did not credit on the due date and hit me with the late charge.

Oh the other one, was when I paid 50.00 one week and two days before the due date I paid another 100.00, this was well above the minimum payment and they stung me 12.00 twice, for not making the minimum payment and not on time..the 100.00 was credited the same day as it was due, excuse me my bank statement shows the 100.00 left my account my account three days before it was due, so a payment of 150.00 is 90.00 over the minimum payment, so give me back the 24.00 you have charged me. They did, which then meant they had to adjust the interest also on this money.

I don't hesitate to get on the blower now and get the charges back, especially as I make sure the money leaves my account at least days before the payment is due. If they don't credit by the due date, not my problem, the money has been in the system. oh I was cheeky enough to go in pay cash over the counter at Barclays on the due date, got that fee back also, because as far as I was concerned I had paid on the due date and in law I had. Barclays had my money in their system on the due date.
They tried to argue but iwas notcredited to my card on the dues date, sorry I have a payin slip showing what the money was for, and you have the money, so make your systems more efficient, this is not my concern.
The systems are set up for their convenience and it's about time they started thinking about the customer's convenience.

If the money is owed is paid by or on the date demanded and it is in their system. the debt is honoured. Take me to court and prove me wrong.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Assistant Moderator

TANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of light

I totally agree DL.

They try to fob us off with a due date and state you need to get it in 5 days before this to ensure it reaches them. Well if thats the case then the due date is now 5 days before. They cant have it both ways.

Its purely a way for them to levy more charges in order to profit from us. And we need to fight this at every opportunity.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:54 AM

The more people who resist and insist, they might rethink this strategy. I have two credit cards and neither has late charges or penalaties, try as they might to levy them, but so long as I pay by or on the due date, they have to go with it. Now how do we educate everyone to to do this? the other thin it does, it shows on your CRA report as a consistent, good payer, which puts a lie to the adverse reports on file about you. Something lenders are going to have to take into fact in the future, because they would have to realise there might have been a serious problem with certain companies, but with others there is nothing adverse showing. You can then challenge any refusal decision. I have successfully done this. I am waiting for the day to take my favourite banks and the CRA's into court for damages because of these adverse marks on our files. They can't say they haven't bee warned.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:14 PM

Paulwlton will become famous soon enoughPaulwlton will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANZARELLI View Post
Well done for getting the thread back on topic Paul lol.

Can you be a bit more descriptive about the programme on channel 5 as I missed it. Would like to see it if you can get a link to it or something. If not what was it about?

Tanz
You haven't missed it, the follow up hasn't been aired yet. I'll post when i find out what date it's going out.

Last edited by Paulwlton : 04-05-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old 27-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Assistant Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulwlton View Post
You haven't missed it, the follow up hasn't been aired yet. I'll post when i find out what date it's going out.
Any more updates on this Paul?
Old 16-07-2008, 04:47 PM

maybelline is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
I claimed mine back and got it refunded. I proved that the payment went out of my bank out well before the due date, it was their system which did not credit on the due date and hit me with the late charge.

Oh the other one, was when I paid 50.00 one week and two days before the due date I paid another 100.00, this was well above the minimum payment and they stung me 12.00 twice, for not making the minimum payment and not on time..the 100.00 was credited the same day as it was due, excuse me my bank statement shows the 100.00 left my account my account three days before it was due, so a payment of 150.00 is 90.00 over the minimum payment, so give me back the 24.00 you have charged me. They did, which then meant they had to adjust the interest also on this money.

I don't hesitate to get on the blower now and get the charges back, especially as I make sure the money leaves my account at least days before the payment is due. If they don't credit by the due date, not my problem, the money has been in the system. oh I was cheeky enough to go in pay cash over the counter at Barclays on the due date, got that fee back also, because as far as I was concerned I had paid on the due date and in law I had. Barclays had my money in their system on the due date.
They tried to argue but iwas notcredited to my card on the dues date, sorry I have a payin slip showing what the money was for, and you have the money, so make your systems more efficient, this is not my concern.
The systems are set up for their convenience and it's about time they started thinking about the customer's convenience.

If the money is owed is paid by or on the date demanded and it is in their system. the debt is honoured. Take me to court and prove me wrong.
do we have a template for claiming back the 12 late fees (usual story it take sfive days) been busy on other cases and want to start this one now
Old 16-07-2008, 06:01 PM

There is no 12.00 fee template letter, as most of us get on the phone and do it as soon the statement arrives.

I would adapt the bank charges letter, use a spreadsheet, and show the dates this money left your account.

I do all my banking now by computer, so it is an immediate removal from my account and I print off the oayment has been accdepted and will credited to my account.

I think we have to insist that the minute we no longer have access to that money and it is out of our accounts and on the transfer system, that is the proof payment has been made and now as most of the banks are on the 24 hour system, they don't have a leg to stand on, they can yell T & C's, but they are not legal as we all lknow from experience.

Oh to rub salt in the wound, I would also be claiming the interest on that 12.00 charge.

I have not had a bank charge of any sort now since October 2006 and it feels so good.
Old 16-07-2008, 11:26 PM

maybelline is on a distinguished road

thanks DL, I will adapt the other one as you suggest I have been on phone and had two returned but need to chase up others.