Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > The Vineyard
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 16-02-2012, 10:55 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation
Default Car Insurance. It pays to compare

I have just spent this moring going through the comparison website for new car insurance. i got my renewal and nearly faitnted is was up 250.00 more this year than last year.. WHY????? nothing has changed, so decided I would go comparison shopping.

I got c0vr 100 quotes to compare and believe me they can eye watering, but the cheapest and has everything I want is with the Post office for my 8 year old car, clean driving record, no claims.

Aviva was over 100.00 more expensive and they were supposedy offering 15 weeks free insurance.

When I clicked on to buy with Post Office suddenly the quote jumped up another 29.99. they assumed I wanted legal cover. i never ticked this, as I have this with home insurance, so why pay twice? i rang the Post office Customer Service. No problem this was removed, so i got back to the original quote which guaranteed until 16 April 2012.

I did check out the rate if I paid monthly and it is a whopping 24.5% interest with credit provided by BFSL Limited. Far easier to pay annually in one lump sum.

I also went to WhatCar for an estimated value on my car. I did have laugh because I am planning to sell this car, and the prices range from 700.00 to 1630. I put good condition in as the body work has a couple of scratches on it, other than that the car is in pristine condition with very low mileage, 22,000 in 8 years. I have saved myself over 290.00 this morning.
Old 16-02-2012, 05:24 PM

dpick will become famous soon enoughdpick will become famous soon enough

I have found that it pays to shop around but be prepared to receive mail shots from loads of insurance companies wanting you to renew with them I got this after using one of the comparison sites, just glad I did not give my phone number.

dpick
Old 16-02-2012, 09:13 PM

I have already had a phone call from one company wanting to know why I didn't insure with them. I explained that as this compay was quoting nearly 150.00 more than my renewal with the old insurance company I certainky would not be taking apolicy with them. The gentlenman said he hoped they could be more competitive next time. I replied they would want to be, but I doubt it. I am a clean skin, have never had any points on my license. I have noticed over here in England they do not reward you for being a certified advanced driver. You have do do a more advanced test and keep this current, it is something I do every time I return home. It includes skid pan training and the like. Insurance over here is prohibitive with no incentives. I also noticed that regarding the security of vehicle they do not allowances for gated communities and CCTV . No car has ever been ****** from this Estate because of the security. We are very low risk area. It seems you are all squeezed into certain boxes.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:07 PM

HONESTLY is on a distinguished road

Any joy with this ?
Old 03-03-2013, 02:00 AM

I sold the car for more than the supposed valuations given. got a decent refund on the insurance. When the Hobbit put me as named a driver on his car insurance his premiums went down by 225.00. Beats me how that works
Old 03-03-2013, 06:59 AM

HONESTLY is on a distinguished road

Direct line do a similar thing. Add a partner on and they reduce by 450.00