Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > The Vineyard
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 28-08-2009, 02:03 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation
Smile This makes my little ole heart happy

News

Government closes rogue DCAs - 28/08/2009

Four companies trading as debt collection agencies in the North West have been closed down by the Companies Investigation Branch.

The four were among six connected companies in Blackburn and Manchester wound up in the High Court this week. Between them they took around 1m in cash, though it is not known if this was in client fees or cash collections, or if clients were ever given the money collected.

UK Wide Debt Management Limited, Frasier Goldberg Limited, ADC Organisation Limited and ADC Recoveries & Legal Services Limited were linked to each other through common directors and/or addresses. They were not members of the Credit Services Association.

For three of the businesses, currently appointed officers could not be located at their known addresses and the companies could not be located at their registered offices or last known trading addresses. The recorded officers of ADC Recoveries & Legal Services denied any knowledge of the company and it could not be located at its registered office.

However, investigators discovered that ADC Organisation traded between January 2005 and October 2008, during which time receipts into its known bank accounts totaled 880,000. In the absence of records, it was not possible to establish what element of that income came from up-front fees paid by clients or cash collected from debtors. It was also not possible to establish whether monies collected on behalf of clients had been paid to those clients by the company.

Frasier Goldberg also traded between May 2007 and September 2008, taking at least 89,000. The trading activities of the other two companies were not known.

In addition, two food companies connected to the debt collection agencies were also closed down.

Proud member of CFC
The more I learn about terrorism, the more I understand Banks, Credit Card Companies and DCA's
Advice & opinions of Dragonlady and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. I can only speak from MY experience and how I have handled my claims. If you have any doubts please seek the opinion of a qualified solicitor

My posts are not to be published anywhere else without my express permission

If we have helped you reclaim your charges please consider a 5% donation to the site. All donations, large or small will help us to continue to help others.
Old 30-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

happyhour has disabled reputation

A small step......

PLEASE NOTE :

I am always happy to give my time, advice and support without prejudice and based only on my own experience and knowledge, however, you must seek legal counsel if you are at all unsure of your claim......

Please do not publish my posts elsewhere without my express permission beforehand. Thank you!