Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > The Vineyard
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Assistant Moderator

Jster$$$ will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that sarge.

I feel i've been eating and sleeping these kia ceeds for the past week. I went to look at one yesterday....well the salesman started going on about the sp ed 1.4 SR7 which is cheaper than another one he had.

It was on a special at 11570 (cash price!) I would then get 2000 off that for scrappage so total to pay 9570. Their finance was a flat rate of 9% which I believe works out at aroundabout 17% APR. So I will not be going for their finance offer

I wsh I could find out what the invoice price is then I would have somewhere to aim for because I think there is more discount to be had, even more so as now I am able to pay cash for it

He mentioned that he could take me out for a test drive, I don't want that. I'm going to see if he will let me take one for the day or at least a couple of hours. This is a huge deal for me and I want to be 100% sure i'm doing the right thing.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:05 PM

SgtChubbs will become famous soon enough

Just remember that you are in control and you have all the time you need to decide.

Good time to buy is at the end of the month, when they are trying to reach their sales targets. If you don't get much joy with the Salesman. Ask to speak to the Sales Manager.

Tell him what you want, and say something along the lines of if he agrees you will sign the order form now. Then don't say a word, but hold out your hand for him to shake.

When I used to sell cars, we were always told, first one to speak loses. We were also told to hold out your hand to shake. It is almost a natural reaction to shake it and once shaken... the deal is done.

9% is very high.... When I was selling cars about 7 years ago now, would do about 5% which works out (depending on term etc) just over 10% APR.

SgtChubbs (a.k.a chubbs)
Posts are based on my own personal experience. No offence is intended and should not be taken