Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > The Vineyard
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2009, 01:25 PM

SgtChubbs will become famous soon enough

Hello Jster, the cee'd was the one I have seen on TV. I see on the website that they have a special offer on a 1.4, my laptop is not working at the moment, so I can only go on the web with my phone.

I have not read all the t&c's but with the scrappage scheme and a 7 year warranty it looks good

Don't worry Tifo, if you include any compensation you get from the Council and the insured driver for your accident and any compensation you get for your extension with the scrappage scheme, you should have enough for a new car...

Just depends what Car you are looking for..

SgtChubbs (a.k.a chubbs)
Posts are based on my own personal experience. No offence is intended and should not be taken
Old 09-07-2009, 01:29 PM

tifonet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtChubbs View Post
Don't worry Tifo, if you include any compensation you get from the Council and the insured driver for your accident and any compensation you get for your extension with the scrappage scheme, you should have enough for a new car...
Come on Sarge, you're beginning to embarass me now .....

You know there's no such claims really ....
Old 09-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Assistant Moderator

Jster$$$ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifonet View Post
I haven't figured out how someone with a 10 year (or older) car can then go and scrap it to buy a brand new one?

The reason people buy older cars is they cannot afford anything newer. Then suddenly they have the money to buy a brand new one, even on finance, when the govt gives an allowance which most people would negotiate anyway.

I would love a brand new car, unfortunately i cannot afford it, even if they give me 2k off.

Generally speaking I hope Tifo

Although because of this govt scrappage scheme there seems to be a lack of 'run a rounds' out there.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Assistant Moderator

Quote:
Hello Jster, the cee'd was the one I have seen on TV. I see on the website that they have a special offer on a 1.4, my laptop is not working at the moment, so I can only go on the web with my phone.

I have not read all the t&c's but with the scrappage scheme and a 7 year warranty it looks good

I have never seen a KIA on the road (or i've never taken any notice) since I have been looking at maybe getting one I cant get away from them, they are round every corner I turn and every light I stop at....LOL

I haven't looked into the T&C as yet. Will be going for a look on saturday. I have read that they charge the earth for a service But I wont be a naive as I was the first time I got a car.

I have read alot of good reviews and a few bad. I have to say it does look good for the price and for someone who has never been in a posistion to buy a brand new car, I am looking forward to taking charge
Old 09-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

The Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to allThe Terminator is a name known to all

Quote:

Just depends what Car you are looking for..
I would have thought that with all this compo Tifs going to get whats the point of going for a car when you can get a helicopter

Term

The courts shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner

Moneylending transactions as a class give rise to significant social problems.

Astalavista baby and I'll be back
Old 09-07-2009, 07:40 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

I sold my 5 year old Kia Rio for 1.750.00 not bad when I paid 6700.00 brand new. Only needed the one when OBI got sick, I am now driving his Kia Rio and it didn;t need anything done for the MOT. Next car will be a Kia, they cheap and good to run. They are the downmarket version of the Ford Focus, lot cheaper though
Old 09-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hi DL

Nice to see you, hope you are having fun.

Yes I agree with you. I couldn't afford a 'decent' make and I have had a mixture of opinions from people regarding KIAs. Some base their opinions on the 'old' KIAs from which I hear were not very good but they have improved so much, or so I hear!!!

I have a few question which you may know the answers to

How good is their warranty? Is it on the basis of servicing with them?

This is new teritory for me. (buying a brand spanking new car)
Old 09-07-2009, 08:19 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

I think I got five year warranty and you would have to service with them, BUT I have never serviced either car in total off 9 years of driving two Kia's. My old on a 01 Reg had to have so and never neededthe brakes on the driver's side front wheel, because it seized, they said it was because I did not drive it enough, anway they fixed that and it didn't need anything more done to it. The windscreen wipers need to be replaced occasionally.

Oh I got both of mine with a pound down as deposit....Boongate Kia at peterborough
Old 12-07-2009, 12:55 AM

Don't know if you have seen this Kia Cee'd 7,995 OTR

http://www.kia.co.uk/New-Cars/Range/...ge-Scheme.aspx

Vague Warranty Details

http://www.kia.co.uk/New-Cars/Range/.../Warranty.aspx

Review

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIA...KIA/33579.html

It looks a lot of car for the money...

SgtChubbs (a.k.a chubbs)
Posts are based on my own personal experience. No offence is intended and should not be taken
Old 12-07-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I would have thought that with all this compo Tifs going to get whats the point of going for a car when you can get a helicopter

Term

I am now refraining from not saying anything about Tifo, as my Mummy told me, if you can't say anything nice... Don't say anything at all...

Cough cough private jet cough

SgtChubbs (a.k.a chubbs)

Last edited by SgtChubbs : 12-07-2009 at 03:33 AM.