Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Welcome > Welcome
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 08:20 PM
tobepaidinfull tobepaidinfull is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1
tobepaidinfull is on a distinguished road
Unhappy hi ccs i am hoping you can advise me

i am currently in dispute with a catalogue namely simpy be, i havent purchased anything from them for a year and i paid 300 in august last year,which bought my balance down to 256.00. the money was gifts for my 40th birthday and i made a concious descision to reduce the debt, to make the monthly repayments smaller. i have been making payments of 20 a month until xmas 2007 when money got extra tight as my husband had to take time off work to care for our young daughter. i have fibromyalgia which leaves me bedridden at times. i missed 2 months payments but then began making payments again of greater sums when possible. i called them up however when i noticed they were charging me admin fees of 12 immediately after a payment and then a couple of days later. so when i pay 20 i was ending up 4 in debit as if i had never made a payment, i requested they freeze my account to which they got funny and refused. i am trying to clear this debt but since christmas the balance has actually gone up by 100
due to these crazy greedy charges. i have tried in vain to get them to help and now they want a minimum payment of 156.00 of which i cannot where do i stand if i have made a payment monthly to try and show i intend to pay my debt, are they able to issue a ccj on me ??
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Dragonlady's Avatar
Dragonlady Dragonlady is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Proud member of the CFC.
Posts: 10,625
Dragonlady has disabled reputation

I am assuming you dont have a signed agreement with Simply Be. You are dealing with the J D Williams Cartel and my suggestion is that you immediately request an SAR under the Data protection Act to see if there is a signed Agreement in existence. in the meantime write a letter to Mr Peter Tynan, the Company Secretary and put your account in Dispute.

The letter must be headed 'Account in Dispute'

Once you have all the statements through the SAR you can total up how much the admin charges are. The SAR is to request all data they hold on you and including all telephone calls made, and any emails.

You can request the removal of all the Admin charges as a starter and see what his response is. This will start the ball rolling. Do not deal or talk to anyone else other than him. In the letter you also state that you wish to have everything in writing and nothing is to be done by phone.

This is all going to take time.

You send all the letters by recorded delivery and the SAR will cost 10.00. Adapt the SAR in the Library to sit the circumstances.

I have a thread in the Catalogue Company J D Williams Forum Premier Man and Shoe Tailor.

Start your own thread n the J D Williams forum and we can help from there.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Consumer Credit Support