Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Social Security Benefits
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2008, 07:12 PM

MrDarcy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
Scary Story
23 years ago I had a benefit book ****** when my handbag was taken.
One slip was cashed and at my nominated post office, I applied to the DHSS and reported the loss to the police.

DHSS called me in , i never thought much of it just thought it would be to make a statement like i did at the police station.

My boyfriend drove me down and I had my lad with me of 3 years.

I was asked to enter a room, of course you do it thinking nothing untoward, boyfriend was asked to wait outside and he did.

Door slams behind me and 3 locks get locked, me and my lson not let out for 1/2 hour, and talk about lamp in the face interrogation 2 men both up to my face questions and shouting, why did i cash My own book and report it ******, who did i get to do it for me.

it was so bad my boyfriend was banging the door. and my son was crying, at times I was stood at the door calling to my boyfriend that it was OK, but it wasn't it was terrifying, they wouldn't allow me to let my Boyfriend have my son away from the atmosphere either.

I was very nervous and wary of people for a long time after and my son was very shock up, and ....benefits were never replaced.
That's disgusting gestapo behaviour Hocus... at least these days you'd know what to do thanks to the net- Tell the world!

HFC Bank - (unenforceable)
Barclays - Agreement received - no spare cash right now
Cahoot - Agreement received
- no spare cash right now
MBNA1&2 - sold to Link Financial. Ignoring me for ages
Halifax - Sold to Cabot - Complaint sent to ICO - Incomplete SAR
MINT - Regal Credit (unenforceable)
Amex - AIC (unenforceable)
Cap1 *Won* 1,500 Written off
Old 08-01-2008, 10:32 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDarcy View Post
That's disgusting gestapo behaviour Hocus... at least these days you'd know what to do thanks to the net- Tell the world!
Errr she just did lol

Seriously with the communications we have now compared to back in the dim and distant past news like this can spread very rapidly. That alone should start making some of these stormtroopers think before abusing people.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 09-01-2008, 01:29 AM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

If what we do here raises the same support that the people in the waiting area of the DHSS showed 20 odd years ago, which was disbelief in what they could hear and witnessed in sight, then its just a case of them seeing everything for them selves and it won't be long until all banks/government have kicked all doors in one way or another be it money hunting or human error, data abuse, miss calculation and greed.

They have all grown to large to provide any type of customer care or to control their employees, if you can't stop the problems then the fight continues.

DSS Gestapo behavior yes definitely and id like to see them get away with that now and not be reported. I would sing from the roof tops.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 09-01-2008, 12:17 PM

MrDarcy is on a distinguished road

Last nite the following leaflet fell out of the cheap tv listings guide. I thought it was one of those pointless scratch cards to start with until i actually read it to find out it was part of an anti-benefit fraud message from the DWP.

Talk about police state though as they say they have cameras in baseball caps etc etc but the main problem i have with it is the suggestion that they, in some way, have the power to look into your bank account at any time?! "DWP is able to data match anything from your bank statement, to see what money is coming in and out." Is that really true?? I thought they couldn't do that without a court order yet they imply they can do it at the click of a mouse whenever they feel like it? Not that it matters to me personally as i don't have anything in there but it's the principle!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...2007/front.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t..._2007/back.jpg

HFC Bank - (unenforceable)
Barclays - Agreement received - no spare cash right now
Cahoot - Agreement received
- no spare cash right now
MBNA1&2 - sold to Link Financial. Ignoring me for ages
Halifax - Sold to Cabot - Complaint sent to ICO - Incomplete SAR
MINT - Regal Credit (unenforceable)
Amex - AIC (unenforceable)
Cap1 *Won* 1,500 Written off
Old 09-02-2008, 02:45 PM

Lefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of light

Fraid they can since this government introduced the laws that also allow bailiffs to break into your home & assault you.

Any change in the laws no longer require Parliamentary scrutiny. As a result they have even given local councils (including many other organizations such as Charities) the right to intercept your mail & telephone calls - which of course they do regularly

It's true that even the Stazi didn't have such abilities to watch it's citizens & when some say we are not a police state I remind them that just like the Stazi this government actively recruits ordinary citizens to inform on their fellows.

Just how many adverts threatening people are we to see before people realize what's going on

Last edited by Lefty : 09-02-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 13-02-2008, 04:41 PM

HONESTLY is on a distinguished road

There are alot of benefit cheats around. They own from a few grand upto several houses. What i cannot get is why does the dwp not get their little finger out ?
Old 14-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Where is the line drawn thou theres to many shaded areas.
Lady wins lottery was a lot of millions large roll over.
She buys 2 houses and the DSS now pay her rent 700 each for them as her son and daughter live in them on the dole.

Just greed who needs to take benefits when she won a roll over? my pride wouldnt let me do that, i would enjoy supporting my family independant.

But... there is no law to say she couldn't do it.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 03-03-2008, 11:49 AM

Lefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of light

Just like the politicians then

I wonder if any of them expressed outrage at this womans audacity - particularly before their own expenses shenigans became public knowledge
Old 03-03-2008, 12:54 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

She is lawfully exploiting a loophole.

Now the morals of this are another thing.

I am at a loss, because decency would not allow most of us behave in this manner and would share our good fortune with our families, without resorting to these tactic. Perhaps she should rember her Karma, and what goes around comes around.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:09 PM

lawfully being the operative word unlike many of our 'Honourable' members apparently

She bought 2 house & let them out to housing benefit recipients - What's wrong with that - should she have let them out to none family - why would you - I wouldn't - If there was a need I'd let them to family knowing that I could crack heads if they didn't behave or look after the property

I for one don't blame her at least & it's also worth mentioning that her family aren't occupying a council home required by the local community.

Strikes me that to object to her lawful actions coupled to her good fortune in winning the lottery is nothing more than the politics of envy - best of luck I say - I wish it was me

Last edited by Lefty : 03-03-2008 at 01:16 PM.