Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > OFT Test Case
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 17-11-2007, 11:58 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Is it shareholders or stakeholders? Big difference.
Old 17-11-2007, 12:09 PM

Perseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to all

Quote:
When they are published there will be a consultation with stakeholders before the final recommendations are published.
That makes it understandable, and as an internal audit, and best practice structure is in place.
Thanks Beli!
Any advice or guidance given by Perseus or Consumer Credit Support is provided without prejudice, and is based on personal experience only. Please seek professional legal assistance to clarify your particular case. Thank you.

If we've helped in recovering bank charges, please help us keep this site alive for others by donating.

sedit qui timuit ne non succederet.
He who feared he would not succeed, sat still.

Last edited by Perseus : 17-11-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 19-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Assistant Moderator

Glenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to all

As i read through this, i wondered if they had been cribbing from my notes!!!

They put it a little better than me, not a lot, only a little mind!!!

Oh how i wish i coud be in court when they argue this lot.

Glenn
Old 19-11-2007, 11:03 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn UK View Post

Glenn
You and me both Glenn, this could turn into the show of the week now the OFT legal team have started to wake up.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 20-11-2007, 02:34 AM
m55dlc

I do think that the backlash against the OFT would be huge if they didn't make a proper go of this, there are tens of thousands of people who will suffer if they don't!
Old 20-11-2007, 08:14 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn UK View Post

Glenn
I think they could make fortune selling tickets at the hearing. They have to get this right, otherwise the banks will really be the rulers of the land
Old 20-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Assistant Moderator

TANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of light

I am still digesting the RTD however I like some of the arguements they are using, I have a lot more confidence in this test case now that when it was first announced.
Old 20-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Assistant Moderator

Glenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to allGlenn UK is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by m55dlc View Post
I do think that the backlash against the OFT would be huge if they didn't make a proper go of this, there are tens of thousands of people who will suffer if they don't!

Politically i am to the right of centre and so don't really get all this 'people power' stuff generally, probably to do with a defective gene or something.

Anyway, the bank charge and credit issues currently seem to show that actually people en masse can have significant impact and i hope this trend continues, especially where corporate greed impacts so much on individuals lives.

I think its great that the banks and finance companies are being bought to book in this way.

If the OFT get this wrong, then the back lash, hopefully will reflect this.

Glenn