Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 24-10-2008, 08:03 AM

eddieriff is on a distinguished road
Default Mobile phone Debt - DCA

If a debt from a mobile 'phone contract passes to a DCA, should there be a letter of assignment before the debt is claimed by the DCA?
Old 24-10-2008, 09:40 AM

Curlyben is on a distinguished road

Yes.
All the normal things apply except this isn't covered by CCA.
Make the burgers prove they are legally payable for the debt.
Old 24-10-2008, 12:22 PM

Pill Boy is on a distinguished road

ed

This is assuming that the debt has been formally assigned to the DCA and not that they are collecting on behalf of the OC.

It doesn't matter Jack Shout what the DCA tell you about ownership - this needs to be a properly drafted Notice of Assignment sent to you by the OC. For the Assignment to be absolute it needs to be sent by recorded post or hand delivered. If only sent by snail mail then the DCA will hold Equitable Assignment and be entitled to collect the debt, but the right to sue you for it will not transfer and only the OC could do that. Keep details of any delivery including envelopes as these can come in very handy later.
Old 24-10-2008, 07:37 PM

eddieriff is on a distinguished road

It's supposed to be a debt that my son ran up last year. As far as I was concerned I paid it off. A YEAR later 3 has written to him at MY address, despite the fact that I told them a year ago that he does not live here anymore. They enclosed a letter from Lowells. There has been absolutely NO correspondence since I paid off (or so I thought) his debt since last August from anyone. I think there's a rabbit off somewhere.
Old 25-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

As long as he doesnt live there anymore you can tell them bog right off and you dont know where he is.

Or Tell them you want a complete break down of statement.

Did you have a final payment letter back then or a letter stating how much was owed and now have all reciepts totaling that amount, or Direct debit on bank statements.

I would also be getting a copy of his or yours CRF it may well say satisfied or closed on the account and the DCA are being the normal bunch of heavys..

Just to stress to any one,
Once you get to the end of your debt, before you send the last payment, write to the company ask them to confrim there is one remaining payment....make out your just curiouse.

Then staple reciept of last payment to thier responce and also ask for closure letter but you have back up now, if the final letter never arrives.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change