Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Adoption
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 23-12-2007, 09:35 PM

TUTTSI will become famous soon enough

Hi Lyndi

My childrens scrapbooks only started from after their adoption and so they never had any pics of their natural parents. But every stage of their early upbringing was put in their scrapbooks.So I would imagine how nice it must be for your gransons to see what their mother looked like.

Mt daughter was adopted from Equador and we bought back with us little things that were significant to that country and these items were decorated in her bedroom so as she grew up these items were part of her life.

We also have formed close ties with others that also adopted from Equador with children now teenagers that are the same age and they have all bonded together like sisters even though none of them are local to us. We all felt it was important that they did not feel alone. Every so often we all meet up somewhere equi distance so that the kids can have a get together, even though they are now old enough to make their own arrangements.

Dsxx
Old 24-12-2007, 07:39 AM

lyndy is on a distinguished road

Hi Tuttsi
That is a lovely story. I think its lovely to know people like you and others exist, and I bet your children are very happy human beings.

Although my Grandchildren aren't adopted, I believe they experienced similar trauma/confusion regarding their place in life as it were. I'm happy to say they are both very happy and secure with me even though I'm a lone parent. The procedure to secure a residency order was a little daunting but worth it.
They still have some moments when I can't always answer the "why why why"
but reassuring them they are precious and special helps.

I admire and respect people like you who bravely (in my opinion) chose/choose to adopt from other countries.

A very merry Christmas.xx
Lyn

Last edited by lyndy : 24-12-2007 at 07:40 AM. Reason: bad spelling!!!
Old 24-12-2007, 08:59 AM

TUTTSI will become famous soon enough

Hi Lyndi

Thankyou for your lovely comments and I also wish you and your family a lovely xmas.

The kids have had their moments trust me! they did have an identity problem as they were growing up. Especially my son, as we had adopted another child here in the UK and the mother changed her mind just before going to court and we ended up loosing her, she was 10 months old and this caused our son to ask when his mother was coming for him, he was 7 years old at the that time. I told him that his mother loved him very much but was unable to look after him and bring him up due to her circumstances so she wanted him to have a nice family and she chose us. That did satisfy him knowing that she loved him.

My son, I know when he was about 17/18 tried to locate his birth mother. He did it behind our back, I think so as not to upset us, but his father and I would have gladly helped him if that is what he wanted to do. I think it is something he wanted to do on his own. I do not believe he was able to make contact or if he did he has never spoken about it, maybe he has just put it all to bed.

I have asked my daughter if she would like to go to Equador to visit her routes and she says that she does not want too and that is the same with the others that we know the girls really do not want to return. These children came from orphanages. We did visit an orphanage when we were there, when the kids are 7 they are then moved to another place like an institution which girls normally run away because it is horrible and then they then end up living on the streets etc...many die because of malnutritian, end up in prostitution or slavery. We feel we have saved our daughter from this horrible way that they treat kids in South America when they are homeless.
Many kids cannot even be adopted as one of the parents leave the kids in the orphanage saying that they will return for them and never do, only the lucky ones whose parent(s) sign their right away can actually be adopted.

Sorry to rant on but obviously this subject is very close to my heart.

Everyone deserves big hugs .....

DSxx