Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Credit Reference Agencies
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 AM

dpick will become famous soon enoughdpick will become famous soon enough
Default default date 12 months later

Hi this is for a friend they have checked one of their CC accounts on their CRA file.

They wrote to creditor in June 2007 to say that the agreement was unenforceable and stopped payments at that time (right or wrong that's what they did)

Now when checking CRA file it seems that the creditor did not default the account until 12 months later (they used a ppi refund to the account that the creditor made when my friend claimed as last payment date though it did take the creditor 14 months to payout under PPI)

When would account become statute barred.

If you require any more info please ask and I will get it

dpick
Old 23-12-2013, 11:41 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

This happened to me, I wasn't defaulted until two years after they threatened. The account was in dispute all this time and waiting for resolution via the FOS..when the so called was finally sold on to a debt buyer, the records showed they defaulted me two later than originally advised. The debt buyer was most unhappy when I produced the evidence to the original default and that the resolution had been reched, yet the OC reneged on the deal made with the FOS.

It has all been resolved now.

I have another one showing some four years after the event, because of the dispute still taking tiume to be resolved by the OC..I am sticking to the original correspondence on this one also.