Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Credit Reference Agencies
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2009, 06:03 PM

spark1 is on a distinguished road
Default Spark1 Wife V Equifax

Here we go again, if it aint Experian allowing unauthorised searches, its Equifax

Enquiry/Request sent to Equifax to remove searches

12/03/2008 Oval Debt Collections
05/04/2006 Regal Credit Consultants Ltd
31/01/2006 Regal Credit Consultants Ltd

I have never given consent for the above named companies to search/view my personal data/details. Since two of the searches are over a year old and still appear on my report, I assume they are Debt related and may have damaged my good reputation. Equifax and the named companies have acted unlawfully. Please be kind enough to remove the unauthorised searches.

Many Thanks

Mrs Spark

Equifax Reply

Dear Mrs Spark

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

Search information - Oval Debt Collections

We have raised your dispute with the above lender to verify the accuracy of the details we hold. We have added a notice to your Credit Report to show the entry is in "dispute". Please be assured that we will proceed with our investigation as quickly as possible. We have requested that the supplier of this information responds to us within 21 days after which we will contact you with the outcome. Incident number.

Search information - Regal Credit Consultants Ltd

An "Outstanding Debt" search indicates that an organisation has undertaken a search in an attempt to reconnect with a customer who has gone away leaving an unpaid debt.

This "Outstanding Debt" search appearing in your credit Report will only be visible to yourself, and will not be visible to any lenders who subsequently access your credit Report.

"Outstanding Debt" searches will remain on your credit Report for 6 years from their recorded date.

If you require further information on the content of your credit file, you may wish to visit: equifax Here you can view our Frequently Asked Questions and submit an on-line query or attach supporting documentation via our "Ask a Question" facility, with no concerns about postal delays.

We hope the above details are of assistance to you.

Equifax Customer Services

Enquiry/Request sent to Equifax to remove searches

12/03/2008 Oval Debt Collections
05/04/2006 Regal Credit Consultants Ltd
31/01/2006 Regal Credit Consultants Ltd

I have never given consent for the above named companies to search/view my personal data/details. Since Regal Credit Consultants Ltd searches are over a year old and still appear on my report, I assume they are DEBT related along with Oval "DEBT" Collections search. They may have damaged my good reputation. Equifax and the named companies have acted unlawfully. Please be kind enough to remove the unauthorised searches.

Many Thanks

Mrs Spark

Just need to wait for their next reply before I send a section 10 notice to their company secretary. From reading over previous threads on the other forum Equifax are very stubborn.

Sparkie, what do you think with regards to defamation, because only one search may be visible to companies searching the file?

Cheers Spark1
Old 06-01-2009, 02:24 PM

Equifax Reply

Dear mrs spark

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

Search information - Oval Debt Collections

We have raised your dispute with the above lender to verify the accuracy of the details we hold. We have added a notice to your Credit Report to show the entry is in "dispute". Please be assured that we will proceed with our investigation as quickly as possible. We have requested that the supplier of this information responds to us within 21 days after which we will contact you with the outcome. Incident number ******.

Search information - Regal Credit Consultants Ltd

We wish to advise you that these searches are investigative Outstanding Debt searches. These searches are undertaken for purposes other than credit application. They are not viewable by lenders and have no impact on a credit decision. These searches inform you that these companies have viewed your Credit Report and are not disputed.

We hope the above details are of assistance to you.

Equifax Customer Services.

Another bunch of Jokers why are companies allowed to creep around and poke their noses into peoples personal information and you have no rights to dispute their actions.

Cheers Spark
Old 06-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

So Experian asked for paper work for evidence it was your debt then? NOPE

These searches are done to see if you "are the person they are looking to " reconnect " with??.
Quote:
undertaken a search in an attempt to reconnect with a customer
In other words Experian knew full well there was a percentage of doute.

Thats it END OF!! they should never of been allowed to view any of your file. CRA's make me so AAARRGGG

Also in my own view, CRA arre allowing DCA's to troll through files irrespective of being assigned/ wiorked etc. To possibly find work and easy pickings.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change

Last edited by Hocuspocus : 06-01-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:38 PM

Hocuspocus

Equifax not Experian Anyway, been on the phone to the ICO find out how my other seven complaints are progressing? well behind

Seven have been put into five. I asked the guy the question? whos responsible for incorrect information on the credit reports, nearly always the party who passed the info to the CRA was his reply. But he did say that linked addresses are down to the CRA. I aksed him to clarify the following quote taken from one of my Experians replys and he did

Asides from making each company indicate the reason for the search, all of our clients are required to sign up to strict terms and conditions within their contract to ensure all their data is accurate and compliant prior to providing it to us. Our regulator, the Information Commissioner, considers that this is having taken 'reasonable steps' to ensure that the information we hold is correct and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

Cheers Spark
Old 06-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

So the CRA have no checks, its all down to provider...thats a nice get out for Equifax Dude you knew what i meant thats the main thing lol

What a load of bull, i think its about time the CRA had an overhaul of their T&C and procedures. They have definitely strived to make themselves an island

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 06-01-2009, 04:06 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

I have been told repeatedly, the CRA's depend on the veracity of the information suppied by the creditors. In other words they do not check anything
Old 07-01-2009, 01:29 PM

Had another chat with the ICO, and the searches should drop off at 12 months not 6 years. The ICO says Equifax have breached the
Fifth Principle
“Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for
longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes”.

Spark
Old 09-01-2009, 06:12 PM

Update

Oval Debt Collections have agreed to remove Search Wonder Why

Dont wether to report Equiafax to the ICO or to go after Regal Credit Consultants Ltd? ill have to think that one over.
I also have a search on my Equifax file that is over 2 years old

Spark
Old 18-02-2009, 07:38 PM

Little Update

Filed a complaint with ICO, on their say so, that the searches should drop off after 12 months. Got a letter today from the ICO asking for more information. Spoke on the phone to one of their people, was told the ICO want to know if Ive been in touch with the searcher. I said WHY? To cut a long story short, it is possible for searches to been kept on record for over 12months, and companies can search your file if its for limited infomation and reasonable without your consent, because they have a contract with the CRAs blah blah and the CRAs are only holding information not processing it. 45 fooking minutes I spoke to this guy, dont get me wrong he was a polite person, but the DPA is there to look after every fooking company and ****ole that come up with some poxy reason why they can take the **** out of people. The bottom line is, the DPA favour CRAs imo. Waste of time having the poxy thing. Thats my rant over however I will keep going until someone sits up and listens

Spark
Old 19-02-2009, 04:00 PM

Equifax as just confirmed over the phone that the companies that searched the above file, would have seen all the information held within that Credit File (in other words, financial the lot).

Ive been in touch with this outfit Regal Credit Consultants Ltd. This was their reply: These Credit Referencing Agency searches are a process controlled by Equifax. We have escalated your complaint to them, and will let you know the outcome once we receive a response.

Equifax have no knowledge or record an think Regal Credit Consultants Ltd are insinuating that Equifax undertook the searches on behalf of Regal Credit Consultants Ltd.

Spark