Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Bits 'n' Pieces
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 15-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about
Default Pages freezing ??

Having trouble.
Pages are freezing, even if i open the start menu when its frozen that freezes to, they will open but wont minimise or do any actions?

Got a Tecra A2 lappy, i do spend alot of hours on it some times its on for days. ive run all programmes for bugs, and cleaned memery even defraded

Not sure how to access the temp and fan settings? If this has one?.

I am using Task manager to exit when it freezes, i notce certain programmes use up huge amounts of memory.

So anything anyone thinks may help please let me know
TA

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 15-12-2008, 04:10 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Have you also cleaned out the Registry? You also need to empty that Temporary Folder cache. My Computer>C Drive>Docuiments and Settings>folder named with your name>local settings> temporay internet files. Open it and empty the lot. Then empty your recytle bin then clean out the registry of broken links and the like.

If you have C Cleaner installed use it
Old 15-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Assistant Moderator

Ive often looked for them that way DL but the folder doesnt exist there is no local settings in any user accounts, only user data in the non admin folder, which is empty.

theres 3 folder admin 9 me)
all users
And my lads and the only folder in possible relevance is user data folder.

Old 15-12-2008, 04:47 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Ok hit the start button> search> ask it to find the temporary internet files folder on C drive. it will be in a faded out folder in local. Have you trieds to fins it alternatively in All users
Old 15-12-2008, 09:04 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
Ive often looked for them that way DL but the folder doesnt exist there is no local settings in any user accounts, only user data in the non admin folder, which is empty.

theres 3 folder admin 9 me)
all users
And my lads and the only folder in possible relevance is user data folder.
You need to open windows explorer then click 'Tools' on the top menu and then 'folder options' On the 'View' tab scroll down a short way until you find 'Hidden Files and folders', set that to show hidden files and folders and you will find a lot more than you ever imagined including the local settings folder.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 16-12-2008, 03:48 AM
Assistant Moderator

Thanks All i found it under hidden, not much in there thou? but got rid of some other things hanging around which had no use anymore.

Will see how it goes, have a feeling my poor lappy may be on its way out, making alot of clicking noises, bit like the sweet packet as a kid, astro rocks or something like that they were little nuggets that popped on your tounge