Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Credit Reference Agencies
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 26-10-2008, 11:37 AM

spark1 is on a distinguished road
Default Spark1 Wife V Experian / GE Money

I have another thread running "Spark1 Wife V Experian".

I started this thread because in the other thread GE Money "GE Capital Bank"
were mentioned.

This thread is about having Linked Addresss Removed By Experian !

Here goes how request to experian

*** Web query ***
Ref No.: **********
Title: M
Forename: Spark
Surname: Wife

-----------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Linked addresses
Entry Number: B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, B8, B9, B10, B11, B12, B13, B14, B15, B16, B17, B18, B19, B20, B21
Query: of all the address's listed on the above B numbers, I have only lived at :

and for the last 11 years + at my present address which is :

please would you be kind enough to remove all the other address's as I have no connection with them what so ever. Thank You
-----------------------------------------------------------

Experians reply

Dear sparks wife

Thank you for your query received on 06 May 2008.

I note your comments regarding the linked address information and would advise that the incorrect entries recorded by GE Capital are causing the other incorrect linked addresses to be retrieved on your credit report.

In light of this I am writing to GE Capital for you. I will contact you as soon as they reply.

While I investigate your comments, I am adding the following statement to the entries you have queried.

"THE ACCURACY OF THIS DATA HAS BEEN DISPUTED BY THE INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED AND WE HAVE NOW CONTACTED THE SUBSCRIBER. CARE SHOULD THEREFORE BE TAKEN WHEN USING THIS ITEM OF DATA TO ASSESS THE CREDITWORTHINESS OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED."

I am telling all the companies that have searched your credit report in the last six months of the change to your information.

Your report will change in the next seven days. Please use this correspondence if you need proof in the meantime.

Yours sincerely

Miss Rachel Burt
Consumer Service Officer
CreditExpert

cc Booker Management Services, "Bank" - Current Accounts

I asked them again in an e-mail on the other thread !

Our Ref: *************

Dear sparks wife

Thank you for your email, which we received on 17 August 2008.

With regards to the linked address recorded by GE Capital, I trust that you are in receipt of our letter dated 3 June 2008 (never received a letter) stating that we had contacted them and they advised that the information was correctly recorded. We are therefore unable to remove this information from your credit report.

Kind regards

Mr Mark Bennett
Senior Consumer Service Officer
CreditExpert

Experian Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 653331 and whose registered office is at Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham, NG80 1TH

Ask again !

----- Original Message -----
Date: 18 August 2008
Subject: Re: ***********

Hi Mark

Please can you forward me the proof what GE capital advised to you, that
links me with the address you have put on by credit report.

Thanks sparks wife

Experian reply !

Our Ref: *********

Dear ***********

Thank you for your email, which we received on 18 August 2008.

I can confirm I am arranging for a copy of the reply we received from GE Capital to be sent to you in the post.

Kind regards

Mr Mark Bennett
Senior Consumer Service Officer
CreditExpert

Experian Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 653331 and whose registered office is at Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham, NG80 1TH

In the mean time I received a letter back from ICO asking if I had wrote to GE Capital and I should before they will get involved, similar situation to the Booker complaint, so I wrote to GE Capital, letter below

Their Reply !

Never received a reply from Experian with the proof that GE Money had placed accurate details on the file.

Do you think I should leave it at that with GE Money, or is it possible that the Linked Address they placed on the file caused all this stress in the 1st instance ? and if so will the SAR ive requested from Experian show up all the DCA's that have viewed the file and used the info to track and harrass my wife ? Advice appreciated.

Thanks Spark

PS I cant let go, now Im starting to learn how these firms work

Last edited by spark1 : 22-11-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 26-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

I would have to write to the women of your name at that address, or to the occupier but I'm a dog with a bone, and love to stir it up with as many angles as possible.

But if that occupier has ,lived there for 20 odd years more gain to you.

Whats the worst that can happen they tell you sod off.

Out of interest is the address far from where you live?

just another thought if you were supoposed owner or sole occupier you would have council tax records, and also council tax records of where you live now.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change

Last edited by Hocuspocus : 26-10-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 26-10-2008, 07:07 PM

Hocuspus

I got a pm about that address Its gone now, just goes to show how firms put peoples details about Distance from me, off the top of my head, 200 miles + If they mistraced their customer to my address, surely they would of wrote to a letter to confirm they were here All the linked address done, was allow DCA's to harrass an innocent person Wonder if its worth forwarding their reply on to ICO so they can carry on with the original complaint I made about them, to see if they have breached the DPA ?

Spark
Old 26-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Assistant Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark1 View Post
Hocuspus

I got a pm about that address
Spark
Quote:
or is it possible that the Linked Address they placed on the file caused all this stress in the 1st instance
Im lost thought you had a linked address in your CRF? if not you mena someone told you it was there through a private PM??

Old 26-10-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
Im lost thought you had a linked address in your CRF? if not you mena someone told you it was there through a private PM??
A mod sent me a pm telling me to remove the address on the letter, which I have done. The address was not mine, it was one of the lnked adresss on the CRF.
Old 26-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Assistant Moderator

OOOOooooooooo right.
What i meant was any address that is coming up as linked within your credit file and of which Experian refuses to remove and GE. Then i would be writting to the occupier at that address to advice them as such. As if that address was mine! i would be most unhappy.

Old 26-10-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
OOOOooooooooo right.
What i meant was any address that is coming up as linked within your credit file and of which Experian refuses to remove and GE. Then i would be writting to the occupier at that address to advice them as such. As if that address was mine! i would be most unhappy.
Ok If you read what it said, "mistraced their customer" that could mean they are looking for them ? and they found my wife instead thinking they have their customer, but not once did they send any correspondence through the post. However other DCA's have done, demanding monies from that person ? and we are still receiving demands for monies now, I reckon they have set the ball rolling and any other DCA that as looked at my wifes CRF think they are onto the person who owes monies. I have all letters filed nice and neat. Just waiting for the SAR from Experian to put the jigsaw together, hopefully, then ill start pinning them, Im not bothered about court action.
Old 22-11-2008, 09:18 PM

update

The apology from GE money Data management aint good enough. Last week I sent a letter of complaint to GE Moneys complaints resolution team.

Spark1
Old 23-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Assistant Moderator

Quote:
Ok If you read what it said, "mistraced their customer" that could mean they are looking for them ? .
See what your sayiong but it could also be another innocent person. So writting the letter wouldnt have hurt, ok probably warned them of a situation they already knew if they were the ones but still more evidence you are taking steps to retify and bring it out in the open.

Old 29-12-2008, 08:29 PM

update

After a couple of letters back and forth. Heres the main parts of GE Moneys last reply. They admitted they had made an error and they report information to Experian Ltd, Equifax (Europe) Ltd, Callcredit PLC. So all the incorrect entries would of been displayed on the above CRA's files. They assumed my wife was a customer of theirs querying the linked address, but in fact was a third party that had been linked in error. They realise that being linked to an incorrect address on her credit file was worrying for her and apologise sincerely, but regrettably errors sometimes occur. They appreciate that in resolving this matter my wife has incurred out of pocket expenses and have issued a cheque for 20. If she has suffered any financial loss as a result of the incorrect address, please forward proof and they will look with a view to compensation. They trust they have resolved the complaint to my satisfaction, however I can refer it to the FOS.

Im still waiting on the report from the ICO.

Whats people opinions.

Thanks Spark